zero pressure governor / system boiler ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
couple of quick questions that've been bugging me...

1) does a zero pressure governor in a boiler replace the air prssure switch or fan thermistor, to prove the fan is operating correctly, before ignition takes place. are zero pressure governors common nowdays?

2) does a system boiler (pump inside casing) have the l n and e from the pump wired up via the wiring centre like a normal system or is it pre-wired into the boiler's pcb and stats when the boiler gets its switched live?

Sponsored Links
1)Some boilers with a Zero Guvenor still use an APS. Worcester use it in reverse.

2) The boiler pump is wired to the board. So typical wiring would be Permanant L-N-E and a S/L.

ok i see, so the boiler is wired up in the wiring centre as normal (L N and EARTH), and the pump has a swtiched live, from the pcb to it, which will already be wired by the mfr...?

No its a permant LNE. So the boiler always has power. For various reasons.

The S/L comes live when a demand is made and fires the boiler up.

The pump is just another part of the boiler sequence.

Sponsored Links
ok i get you now, the boiler has a permanent feed instead of a switched live from the wiring centre, and the pump operates when the boiler tells it to, ie from the pcb... no wires from the pump to wiring centre.

:oops:

No, as Rob has said, the boiler has both permanent live and switched live to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back