A Well Designed Boiler

Bigburner . you say matter of fact if you look at failure rates.
Can you put a link to these facts or put a picture of it if you have a publication

What I have read in trade publications. I didn't count the failures myself :)

The top quality boilers are well know. There is a lot of opinions on the middle range as the best of them use all the same parts.

Sponsored Links
Vaillant are middle of the road, Quality is Viessmann, Atag, Atmos, etc.

that's a matter of opinion,

A matter of fact if you look at the failure rates.

Viessmann, atag and atmos have very low sales volumes in comparison and are more expensive with similar performance and less availability of spares or backup should boiler breakdown.

They are still better quality. The backup is more local. If you have a good dealer then fine.

No Vaillant can look at an Atmos in design or quality.

Vaillant have 250 engineers in the uk.

Poxibatterton no doubt have more and that does not make them reliable at all.

Look at the design and quality of the better boilers and Vaillant are NOT the best, nor in the same division.

Ah ok hearsay then much the same as 5 years ago when keston where held on a pedestal. ;)

Can you put a link to these facts or put a picture of it if you have a publication

what trade publications? Opinions vary from one person to another, where are the facts? You mentioned "local service" but Vaillant beat them hands down. Vaillant also offer free installer training, controls packages, cylinders, industrial, chp, solar, aircon, gshp, ashp etc etc.

Sponsored Links

Opinions vary from one person to another, where are the facts? You

Vaillant are crap in service in my experience. One serviceman left silicon all over the hydroblock of Glow Worm 38CXI - a cowboy. They do Glow Worm and Heatline service - the same men.

Their boilers are overrated and overpriced too. Do not attempt to push off Vaillant as "the best" boilers. THEY ARE NOT.

you still haven't answered my questions. And Vaillant engineers do not do Heatline btw. Anyone can pluck figures out of thin air to make anything look good but I prefer to deal with fact. WHERE ARE THESE FAILURE RATES? I could claim atag have a 100% failure rate (plucked out of thin air much like your figures)

As you all know, I have always been pro Vaillant, but unfortunately a week ago I had 3 warranty calls within 10 days :eek: That knocked the wind out of my sails a bit.

Worst thing is, I was as usual, promised my local pukka Vaillant agent would attend them, only to find he got issued only 1. I was not a happy man especially when there were call backs to fix the 'fix' that was supposed to be done first time by the group service engineer :mad: :rolleyes:

i was told in the summer of 2007 that valliant had a in warranty failure rate of 6.5%. i was told this by a guy in biasi

how true it is i don't know but it sounds about right to me

i was told in the summer of 2007 that valliant had a in warranty failure rate of 6.5%. i was told this by a guy in biasi

how true it is i don't know but it sounds about right to me

and how did he know? of that 6.5% how much was installer related?

gas4you not all groupservice are idiots just like not all installers are. Vaillant and glow worm also use agents at peak times. Every large organisation has a few bad apples. . . . (bg for instance).
Failure rates are closely guarded amongst manufacturers and the true figures will never be published. I'm sure atag etc are good but I haven't worked on many of them so reserve judgement, what I don't like is some people making totally incorrect, unfounded and unsubstantiated statements (bigburner).

I have a number of installers and our failure rate is significantly lower on Vaillant than any of the other brands we fit, and this includes Worcester, Viessmann and Broag.

As they are the same installers, any defects due to the extraneous parts of the job would be the same across the piece.

So I can only say as I find.

Unlike a certain contributor on this thread -who picks up snippets of hearsay on forums and then rewrites it in confident swaggering prose as fact.

Last night the Broag rep told me that one of the designers of the Isar has taken his out at home and replaced it with a Broag. He also told me Ideal factory is on a one day week at present. I expect they spend that day making Classic fans and everything imaginable for Isars and Icos's, and the rest of the time they are running around the country with a jig drilling out burner box screws.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back