New Intergas Boilers

Thank you, I think that’s the best option.
Have you any recommendations for installers in Birmingham.
I’ve had a couple of quotes but am not convinced they have much experience of setting up Intergas and Opentherm

Sponsored Links
It's a bit early to tell but the new boards are solid state so no relays to fail. In any case the pcb was one of the most reliable components of the existing range.

Which part of Brum?

South, on the outskirts of Birmingham not far off the M42 J3

It's a bit early to tell but the new boards are solid state so no relays to fail. In any case the pcb was one of the most reliable components of the existing range.

Which part of Brum?

But it looks like the new Wilo pump is unique to this boiler. No previous Intergas boilers have this model and no other manufacturer uses it either. Why intergrate the pump drive electronics onto the main pcb? Was is a space issue? The drive electronics for brushless motors are often the weak point. In the past several manufactures have separated the drive and stator windings for fans...but they've nearly all abandoned the idea.

Sponsored Links
solid state so no relays to fail.

Solid state can fail. When solid state fails there is the risk of the isolation being bridged and the damage permiating deeper into the electronics of the PCB. When a mechanical relay fails it is very un-likely that the isolation between contacts and coil is bridged so the PCB is protected from further damage.

But using plug in relays would add significant cost to the manufacture of the PCB and the appliance.

as a side note, I looked at everything they offered. Ended up with a rapid plus 32, which was about £400 less than the eco RF, and then even larger to the newer models.

I don't think you'll recover the extra £700 or more in savings over 10 years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back