Kwickfit FREE pads/linings, whats the scam?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Laguna needs new pads and rear linings.

K-F has a poster offering free supply and fitting for life ( of the car I expect ).

What do you have to pay for?

Thay cannot stay in business doing things for free!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Because you will take you car in to get the brakes done and then they will tell you that you need a new exhaust, some suspension components replacing, oh and your rear tires are a bit low. Then try and charge you a fortune to do it!

"Once fitted we will replace worn out brake pads & shoes for free for as long as you own the vehicle." http://tinyurl.com/5phess

They're not taking much of a risk offering that service. Your car and most others that take up their offer will either be scrap or be sold on before the linings wear out.

Due to the asbestos free nature of pads these days, I find that the actual disc has a really hard time of it and needs replacing much more frequently then they used to be....I bet they sting you for the discs!
No particular disrespect to KF but they are great at fitting tyres and thats about it.....
John :)

Sponsored Links
My mothers car went in for MOT to KF. They told her she needed a new rear shock....but it was best to replace in pairs so they quoted for two. My mother then informed them that they (KF) had replaced the two rear shocks less than a year ago. "Okay we will replace the faulty unit" was the reply to which my mother then stated "But I thought you said it was best for me to replace in pairs"....."Sorry, can't do that under warranty was the reply".....kids in boiler suits man steer well clear, only interested in taking your money.....find a good independant garage to do the work is my advice.

They probably get a set of pads for £10 cost price, but whack on £20 on the labour charge.

I see kwikfit as one of them places people who dont have a clue about use.

I used a similar one when the exhaust broke on my van... they did a temporary repair 9 months ago. Tried telling me the whole system would be failing in a month or two, and gave me quote for a new system :eek:

Back