Are You Buying An Electric Shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Love them or loathe them, B&Q have a Gainsborough 8.5E Shower for £35.00.

To make sure you get the right one (there are at least 2 in identical boxes), the EAN is: 5016252132005.

By anyone's standards, that is fantastically cheap.

Grab them while you can.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, that's useful as I know of a single mum who's looking for a cheap shower :D

It'll take you a week to install it mind you :LOL:

I have found gainsborugh to be a nightmare to install.

I always reccommend mira to my customers

Sponsored Links
That's because they didn't bother to provide a dedicated cable entry, nor take into account the size of cable required...

...maybe that's why some people try to wire up showers with 2.5 mil T&E! :eek:

It'll take you a week to install it mind you :LOL:

I have found gainsborugh to be a nightmare to install.

I always reccommend mira to my customers

:LOL: i already have a Gainsborough of the same design in place, so cable/pipe entry will be exactly the same...

Mira are good, but the one I was looking at was £175. Against £35, I thought there was no contest.

i'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for"..

if you buy a £35 shower, you get a £35 shower.. don't expect the tank to last as long as the others, or the washers on the valves etc...

Fair point, but as I said, £35 against £175???

If you have a little plumbing knowledge swapping a shower unit of the same design takes no time.

The last Gainsborough I had lasted well over its 2 year guarantee. Not brilliant, but not bad for a sub £50 shower unit.

How long is Mira's standard warranty period?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back