royal mail royal joke?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have paid for some computers parts and paid extra to get them next day guarenteed?have just found out that the sorting office is on strike @ peterborough :evil:
the company that sent them is probably entitled to compensation but not me the bloke who paid to have them delivered next working day,customers will not be happy.
they should have a service that includes "pay extra & you might get it tomorrow if we can be bothered,think yourself lucky if you get it at all"
gonna go punch a postie when i see him :evil:
the posties that i know are on good pay.
my 1st class post @ home arrives after 2 o'clock everyday,what a complete farce.
if that had'nt spent ££££££££££££ on changing the name to consensus then back again they might have had enough money to pay the workers more.
was going to change my bank account to alliance & leicster that state "you can use any of the 17000 post offices to deposit funds"cool i thought as the post office is just opposite me .yesterday due to cut backs they are closing 7 post offices in my town.even the one opposite me. :evil: :evil: :evil:
rant over now.what do all you lot think.

Sponsored Links
This is one of many services to the public that have gone down the old soil pipe over the years.

Having said that, I used to get a fantastic service at my old place where post was on the mat EVERY morning at 7.30 LATEST.

Wonder what it is like now? In my current house, the post arrives at 1.00 and there is no second post and even the boxes are not emptied until end of day.

It's a boad of Lollocks!

Hey, don't shoot the messenger! (as they say?)

My father worked as a postie for a couple of years before he retired, damnwell near killed him. I only have to mention the 'Sky' word and he comes over all feint!

Among some of the things they were enforcing on the posties were:
Not allowed to use own vehicle... AT ALL!
Had to have bag with them at all times. Blocks of flats, rows of houses up flights of steps - no excuse!
Stopped the overtime payments... Sky Magazine days were popular!
The list goes on... (but I can't remember any more!)

Mind you, if my dad hadn't been a postie - I would be whole-heartedly ageeing with you!!! :D

Sponsored Links
ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
Hmmm, I'm a bit surpised depending what level of pay structure you're on I think.

I have 5 close friends who are postman and their basic pay is £15400 salary. Never seen a postman in a brand new car either !!!

Maybe mmj might know what the basic pay is.

Did you all see that documentary about London sorting offices, it was on a couple of months ago.

For those that missed it, it showed agency workers sorting and delivering mail who couldn't read or write in english. Some were also nicking any mail they thought contained money/licences/cheque books/passports etc, anything that could be used for some kind of scam.

The floors were full of letters and the cleaners swept them up and threw them all in the bin. Of course this was all done with secret filming etc.

Some of the agency workers had fiddled enough to buy houses back home in Africa and East Europe mainly. They didn't seem bothered about being caught, indeed some had been and sacked from one office and got a job in another.

The whole programme was like a carry on film, absolutely pathetic.

YEAH!!! Too right, just like all those greedy, cheating, no-good tradesmen. Ooh er........ :oops:

masona said:
ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
Hmmm, I'm a bit surpised depending what level of pay structure you're on I think.

I have 5 close friends who are postman and their basic pay is £15400 salary. Never seen a postman in a brand new car either !!!

Maybe mmj might know what the basic pay is.

Er, me thinks about 10.5k?

It's one of the most expensive area's to live so the pay is generally lower...? Hang on, that can't be right?

Oh yep it is! :cry:

I had a problem recently with a digital camera that I bought on eBay. Having sent a cheque, including recorded/registered delivery (can't remember which, but I don't know the difference anyhow). I contacted the seller a month later to find out what had happened to the camera, and he told me, an attempt to deliver the item was made a few days after I had sent my payment.

Checking with the local sorting office they said that they had no packages for my address. I got back onto the seller and he supplied me with the registration number.

My wife went down there again to get them to check. Once again they insisted that there are no packages for my address. She then gave them the registration number and, as if by magic, they found the item.

When she asked them to explain why this package had been sitting around in thier sorting office for almost three months now, they said, "sorry, but the man that delivers parcels to your address has been on long term sick leave. So we've had no-one to deliver parcels in your area for a few months now."

She then asked them why they hadn't found it without the registration number. Their reply was "Due to the backlog in your area, We have too many parcels to go looking for one without a registration number!"

Would I have ever recieved this parcel if the vendor wasn't so meticulous in keeping the details on file? I doubt it.

It seems to me that your average postman works very hard for his money. Unfortunately, the people in charge couldn't organise a P*ss up in a brewery. Surely if one man is off sick, they should rotate the other staff so that all areas receive a slightly depreciated service, rather than let that one route go to hell?

TexMex said:
"sorry, but the man that delivers parcels to your address has been on long term sick leave. So we've had no-one to deliver parcels in your area for a few months now."

Sounds like the Postie character in Viz......! :D

I think Postie money was earned through overtime ... I knew a woman who did a morning delivery round, then back to base and did half a shift sorting ... even did aftternoon delivery sometimes due to staff absence.

The post as it a post code lottery ? Our mail 08:30 hrs .. second delivery after 14:00 hrs.

Once bought digital camera from Web.... they attempted to deliver twice .. to wrong address !! ... Due to me going safe route ordering by phone ... bad mistake, someone was writing my address down ..... yep !! incorrectly !!

P

Isn't this the case with any form of service these days? I for one blame the accountants with their pennypinching, reducing morale in most workplaces to the level of " I couldn't give a f**k".
It's getting hard these days buying something and it works first time without having to return it and the attitude of persons you are trying to get help from doesn't help!
as for trying to sort things out over the phone!!!

What !! With all these 'customer focused' companies we have now ?
Strange world isn't it ? They say how the customer comes first .. He splutters in mute rage ! Just gets more of the same !!

Accountants know cost of everything and value of **** all !!

P

I thought I had overcome the problem of the postie leaving small packages on the doorstep...I fitted a handle to the cat-flap ( a man made item fitted into the door - just thought i'd clarify that ) and a little notice by the letter box that all the postie had to do was pull the cat-flap open and push the packages/etc through. Worked for a while. The other month I was expecting a magnetic wristband worth £70, and also £125 worth of unexposed films, the films are sent in small envelopes of two. Came home at the end of a long day at work, struggling up the path in the pouring rain, to see the package soaked right through on the door step - evidently 'cos the postie couldn't be bothered to take the elastic band of the packages. I know I am lucky they were still there, £200 worth.
By the way, if Your Majesty is on-line, get your name disassociated from the mail, thank you Ma'am

Sponsored Links
Back