Chuffin royal mail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I ordered some nicotine gum from Boots. I hadn't realised that it would be delivered by Royal Mail. Had I known, I would have ordered it elsewhere.

Anywho, they tried to deliver it today. No one was home, so it has gone back to the depot. I went to the RM delivery website- in the hope that I could nominate the woman that lives directly opposite my home- nah- the site will only let me select houses on the same side of my road- up to 150m away, but not one 10m away on the opposite site of the road.

I have now nominated the subpost office in a convenience store near where I live. I am hoping that I can collect it on the way home (circa 7pm).

I could have nominated the local sorting office, but that is a 30 min round trip by public transport and they open after I am normally on my way to work.

I wish that websites would tell you which delivery firms they use before you place your order.

Most delivery companies are happy to leave your parcel with a neighbour if you are out. The RM guy pulls up in van, rings the doorbell and walks back to the van, and then drives off. And, sometimes, they don't even get out of the van- seriously- I have customers that checked their ring doorbell.

Sponsored Links
All of the couriers are a nightmare now.......................with the exception amazon prime.

Sponsored Links
RM gave me a 4-hr time slot today, for delivering a parcel.

And missed it. :ROFLMAO:

Initially, they told me that it would turn up between 09.30 and 10.30, then , whilst I was at work,, I got a text saying before 19.30. Then about 14.00, one saying that I wasn't there to receive it.

All of the couriers are a nightmare now.......................with the exception amazon prime.

I don't have a problem with parcels being a day or two late- it is more the hassle of dealing with people on a salary that refuse to knock on a neighbour's door. As far as they are concerned, they turn up in their van, knock on the door, in the event of no answer, they get back into the van.

Most other delivery drivers will spend 2(?) minutes longer to leave it with a neighbour.

As an organisation I like RM, but only when it comes down to my local postman/woman. The guys in the vans don't care a jot if you get your delivery. It ain't their problem...

See loads of people complaining about most delivery companies but to be honest not had a single problem with any of them never missed a delivery , but by its very nature some of the estates they deliver too must be a nightmare in the dark and the rain .
Many years ago mate used to deliver for next which would usually be one parcel with several items . Used to get 50p per parcel drop or pick up so when the women would send back the pile of clothes they didnt like he would get them to do it in separate parcels to increase his earnings considerably

I wouldn't complain about good service. If that is what I was getting. I needed an expansion vessel for a Grandee boiler last week and paid an extra £10 for next day delivery. DPD delivered 5 days later.

Then you get no one was home when they attempted to deliver. Someone has wasted a lot of time waiting for a parcel or their card.

I have had a lot of delivery’s lately I leave a signed note in the front door all parcels / packages can be left on the door step

Usually does the trick although a couple times it did not happen ???

I have found Evri and Royal mail to be very good.

Likewise, the guys doing the last leg to my door, but the rest of their network really stinks. Evri's tracking showed one of my small evelope packages arriving several times, at the very same hub, then the same at the next hub, more locally. Took 14 days, to get on a 2 day delivery schedule. Not the local guys fault, only when I complained to Evri, did I get my parcel delivered next day.

As an organisation I like RM, but only when it comes down to my local postman/woman. The guys in the vans don't care a jot if you get your delivery. It ain't their problem...

We're lucky. Our postie delivers the parcels in his van first. Then he goes out on foot delivering letters. When he's finished he also empties the post boxes. Does a very good job considering it's a thankless job, low pay and start at stupid-o'clock every morning. He deserves a pat on the back. Pun intended. :giggle:

Sponsored Links
Back