Chuffin royal mail

I had my first delivery of the week today.

As far as I can make out, they stack up the post and cover certain streets on certain days as they don't have enough workers to go everywhere.

There are persistent stories of front-line workers being bullied into breaking the rules and made to prioritise profitable parcels over letters.

Looks to me like the company is on the verge of collapse.

Hooray for privatisation, eh?

Sponsored Links
Have no trouble with Amazon deliveries, however, ordered a garden parasol from somewhere, (wife ordered so not sure but not Amazon), and was informed DPD would deliver between 11.30am and 12.00pm on Tuesday, (yesterday). Nothing had arrived by 3.00pm so wife phones DPD and was told driver had attempted delivery during said times but no answer. Driver had also taken picture of front gate and black front door as proof. No, he could not see the photo to verify it, but it was on his delivery sheet. So, she explained that there were 3 adult residents at home, plus 5 builders using 3 vans, (different trades), and both the front entrance and back entrance were on view to at least 2 people on the front and the rest at the back, which also had doors open all day because builders were in and out all the time. They still insisted that driver had taken photo's so she asked for copies to be sent via email or Skype. They refused. They did say it would be re-delivered at no extra charge, (!!!), today between 8.25am and 9.25am Delivery was completed at 8.26 this morning. I asked driver if he was the one who tried to deliver yesterday, (with the intention of asking to see the photo's), be he vehemently denied it was him. Clear indication it was him and that he didn't even attempt to deliver.

Got several postie mates they have been doing letters during the standard working day and refusing parcels over certain size for months . The larger parcels are then being done on overtime on voluntary basis with quite a few guys not doing any overtime at all due to issues with management

Sponsored Links
Back