Vokera...Hot Water But NO Heating (HELP!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys...long read but trying to give you as much info as poss!

Boiler: Vokera Compact
System: Sealed

Problem: Boiler seems to work fine and holds pressure well, hot water works fine too but all (except one) of six radiators do not warm up whatsoever...the one that does work, takes ages to heat up and is only mildly warm top and bottom...I have on Friday just done the following as I thought maybe the rads were sludged up!.

1) I drained the system at the lowest point with all rads closed exept drain point, then I opened an air valve on a rad upstairs and the system drained no probs...the water coming out was clear and not dirty...ALL rads made burbling noises upon getting emptied.

2) I then closed the drain cock and re-filled the system with ALL rads open to a pressure of about 1.2 bar....I then went round each rad and bled each one...they all expelled air till water ran out, I then topped up pressure to 1.2 bar again and did another bleed...whilst re-filling I could tell there was water flow in ALL rads due to noise of water filling up...so this kinda tells me prehaps none of the pipes are blocked??

3) Tested the system and again NO HEAT :eek:(

4) Then I did a system flush by pushing water from one rad to another using the filling loop and keep one rad open at a time and moving to the next etc and closing the loop into the boiler using the black knob...again water coming out drained as clear.

5) I then injected some Sentinal X400 using a mastic gun into a rad then filled the system and re-bled all rads as I did in 2)

6) Tested the system and have run it overnight and again NO HEAT :eek:(

System seems to be running fine and boiler kicking in and holding pressure and water and rad temps set to max.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

Andy

Sponsored Links
flow or return iso valve turned off.
return filter blocked.
pump not running.
external controls not on/working......

Thanks Mick...But...

flow or return iso valve turned off.
No valves have been altered, how can they turn off?

return filter blocked.
How do I check this?

pump not running.
Seems to be, can hear it and spining and for one rad to sort of work means something is flowing?

external controls not on/working......
CP seems to re-act okay to any changes I input

with your case off feel the 2 pipes on the left hand side the 2 big ones do they get very hot whilst the boiler is fired up for heating and the flow n return from the boiler about a 1mtr no where nr as warm

Sponsored Links
you have a good handle on the filling and venting.......but

have you vented the pump and checked it is turning (see wiki at top of page)

aav open above pump

HI

The two big pipes on the left...the one nearest the front of the boiler where the cold fill attaches to the bottom is hot...the other is cold.

I have vented the pump and just water came out, no air....I can't do the check if the pump is running as it has no 1,2,3 switches on it

Help!....getting bloody cold tonight

was the spindle inside the pump turning?

with the vent screw off,and a teatowel underneath pump,shine a torch into the hole and see if pump is turning

double check iso valves on boiler

was the spindle inside the pump turning?

with the vent screw off,and a teatowel underneath pump,shine a torch into the hole and see if pump is turning

double check iso valves on boiler

Ah! ok....sorry with water coming out I did not think it would stop!

How do I check these valves and where are they?

ps...many thanks for your patience

have a look at yer manual the valves are on the flow and return pipes

the first 2 pipes looking from left to right,follow them up to the boiler and there is 2, 1/4 turn valves

becareful with the valves the compact ones tend to leak if not been isolated for a while. how long does the boiler stay on before it knocks off.
ive had the internal bypass on the stick open before.are all trvs n lockshields open

becareful with the valves the compact ones tend to leak if not been isolated for a while. how long does the boiler stay on before it knocks off.
ive had the internal bypass on the stick open before.are all trvs n lockshields open

Does not knock off as such...fires up every 3-4 mins I guess and stays lit for about 20 secs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back