I bet it was a neon screwdriver!

Sponsored Links
You have to admit, Tomp did the best thing you can do with a multimeter that doesn't work.

Well done Tomp/ Jackpike. (keep up the good work)
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Also shows the importance of proving any device used for isolation prior to and after use.

Nice one, too many times on here people have recommended multimeters being used as voltage testers. All voltage testers should give audio and visual indication.

Neither my Drummond test lamps nor my Martindale voltage indicator give audible indication. Where does HSE Guidance Note GS38 stipulate that they should?

I think it's just one of the regulations that only applies in Cloud Cuckoo Land, where holmslaw lives.

Nice one, too many times on here people have recommended multimeters being used as voltage testers. All voltage testers should give audio and visual indication.

Think this is more of a desire on Holmslaws part than an actual regulation.

lol :LOL: congratulations that man. Correct decisive action taken regards £10 P-O-S meter. IMO for use only on grandad's model railway for checking bad track joints.

FWIW, i think there is nothing to say voltage checking devices must have audible warning, but can be very useful when working alone. Saves many trips up/down stairs to look at the meter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back