This board is...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
definitely going down the pan.
No new posts/threads since my last one at 9.35pm tonight.
I remember when you could post anything and within 5 minutes there was a plethora of responses or even new threads.
A sad demise for what was once a great board. Disabling certain accounts has certainly not helped this situation and I think its time for all those involved to have a radical rethink about their strategy regarding moderation. Colourful characters who had, in general, opinions that opposed others but also respected others, have been barred whilst others who are out and out 'bullies' are allowed to continue un-impeded.

Sponsored Links
The signs have been there for quite a while now.
Those in a higher authority just don't seem able to see the wood for the trees.
I think an amnesty for the New Year should be declared on all past members who, for one reason or another, are no longer able to participate.

Sponsored Links
Conny, i agree wholeheartedly with what you say, but no one will listen, or be bothered... this site is extremely successful because of all it is without GD. GD is a strange anomoly that sits on the edge of a large throughput of post and advert clicks.

GD is a microcosm and an evolutionary template... certain people 'die off' or are bullied out, or simply pushed, but they'll always be new blood to fill the void... albeit slowly at the mo...

How is the fact of lack of posts within a brief time period reflective of the forum as a whole?

And why do people whinge about moderation when the forum is clearly stated as being moderated and forum rules are there to be read?

How is the fact of lack of posts within a brief time period reflective of the forum as a whole?

And why do people whinge about moderation when the forum is clearly stated as being moderated and forum rules are there to be read?

oh come on woody, where have you been man !? it's that fact that some people can break any rule they like when they like, and yet some people get banned for typing in the wrong font !

It's a fair point, but in the past there has been evidence of an uneven playing field and certian members have seemed to have been victimized, resulting in unfair dismissal or voluntary withdrawal.

Conny, i agree wholeheartedly with what you say, but no one will listen, or be bothered... this site is extremely successful because of all it is without GD. GD is a strange anomoly that sits on the edge of a large throughput of post and advert clicks.

GD is a microcosm and an evolutionary template... certain people 'die off' or are bullied out, or simply pushed, but they'll always be new blood to fill the void... albeit slowly at the mo...
Thats part of my point Immi. The site as a whole is a very good one with its mines of information and diversity but someone looking for info may 'stumble' across this board, have a quick read and decide if there is that much bickering/back stabbing/criticism of others going on then how can they trust the info given on other boards. I can't comment personally on the plumbing/CH/Gas boards as I rarely go there but sometimes the Electrics board can seem like a girls secondary school civil riot with the differing opinions and outlandish personal insults to certain members from other certain members.
As an example, BAS can be obtusive and direct at times, but taken all that he posts into context his overall advice must be amongst the the most sensible and constructive yet others flame him mercifully without actually disproving him. When they get nowhere with that approach the attacks become very personal and to be honest its to his credit that most of the time he either takes up the challenge and defends himself admirably by quoting the relevant rules/guidanceor he refuses to rise to the bait.

Everyones been watching crimewatch to see if they are famous.
Followed by frankie boyle to see if they can be offended.

I expect for most of the regulars the answer is yes to both.

Woody, my observations are based not on a brief period of time tonight but on a general downturn over a number of weeks if not months. Whilst I may not post regularly every night I do browse and have been noticing this trend for a while now. It may have a 'spurt' now and again, (such as this post has produced), but it is not sustained for very long. Tomorrow may be a hectic flurry of posts but then it will go quiet again for a few days. I know boards can go like this for a short period but this board seems to be sinking deeper and deeper into this scenario.

Oh I see.

Yes fair comment regarding uneven moderation. Most [probably] all other forums I frequent actually show which members are moderators - I think this is the only one where mods are anonymous and post limited or no explanation for their actions

So yes there are presumably times when the moderator is actually taking part in the thread under their forum name ..... and then some posts go astray

I don't get involved in the contentious stuff so I would not know :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back