Conduit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wiring a garage in pvc 20mm conduit
For the drops to the sockets light switches etc what type of tee piece is best to use a straight tee piece or a round junction tee with cover

Sponsored Links
As the guy says above although on a long run I use t boxes makes it easier to get the draw wire through but for short runs like a garage then inspection bends and tees are more than ample

Thanks for your replies
One more question on the lighting circuit for the switching wiring I normally use junction boxes are these available for conduit

Sponsored Links
Hi.

Why would you need to use a JB for a new install? I can't think of a reason but maybe someone could enlighten me.

because the OP probably plans to use T+E and therefore needs somewhere to connect the switch drop to the live feed, rather than doing it properly in singles..

Run the circuits in conduit singles then there is no need to use junction boxes as all the connections are done at the accessories.

What sort of garage, does it take it's power from a domestic dwelling? Are you in England / Wales?

because the OP probably plans to use T+E and therefore needs somewhere to connect the switch drop to the live feed, rather than doing it properly in singles..

If that's the case, good luck! It sounds as if OP is going to use a horizontal run of conduit around the perimeter of the room, in which case, short of using trunking, you're going to fall foul of grouping factor. That's if you can even manage to fit enough cables for a ring final and lighting circuit into 20mm conduit.

If that's the case, good luck! It sounds as if OP is going to use a horizontal run of conduit around the perimeter of the room, in which case, short of using trunking, you're going to fall foul of grouping factor. That's if you can even manage to fit enough cables for a ring final and lighting circuit into 20mm conduit.

If I have to pull T and E through conduit I would always use 25mm and that can still be tight.

Thanks for your replies
One more question on the lighting circuit for the switching wiring I normally use junction boxes are these available for conduit
You can use terminal block or crimps inside a conduit box to make connections if you really need to. However if you are doing a full conduit system (rather than just conduit drops) you should really be using conduit singles (as others have said pulling T&E through a conduit system is a nightmare) and shouldn't really need to make any joints other than at accessories.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back