Am i being fussy bstard?

love the green hose forced on to the copper
LMAO

brilliant

as for inline scale inhibiter not nescessarily, it depends on whether the water warrants such a thing, litmus paper would tell your or living in the south

;)

Sponsored Links
could of been done better. what was said about earth bonding the pipework.also did he run out of stand off clips.is that a glowwworm cxi.

I live in Dorset nr BOurnemouth.
Yep well spotted it's a Glowworm 30CXI, what's missing now? :eek:
I asked the sparky about earth bonding, and he looked a bit fearful esp when i asked if he was registered to rewire my CU to a split rail RCD supply. Hmmm, that's possibly my fault i never checked just assumed earth bonding was included.

Also just thought, sparky never ran a supply to the water softener, im gonna throw a fit if he tries to stretch that cable round the corner to a temp multi socket powering my temp fridge!

Sponsored Links
all pipework seemingly could have gone under floor and exited the buiding next to downspout.

festive said:
As you can see, im holding the pipe that's labelled 'out' on the water softener connection, so im guessing this is the 'softened side' which is routing to the vertical tap pipe. So my boiler is being fed hardened water(top pipe running to my right in photo).

Are you sure you're holding the out connection? It looks like the in connection to me, then your outdoor tap would be fed with unsoftened water and the Combi boiler HW would be fed softened water, as should be the case. Perhaps the hoses are connected the wrong way round?

Another thing. If what I've suggested above is correct, the filling loop for the heating system (under the boiler?) will be using softened water, which you do not want.

aint that glowworm got a stainless steel heat exchanger (if so softener up its water) or am i thinking of the hxi??

im holding the OUT connection, see the closeup yourself

pipe4.jpg

fitz1 said:
what was total cost.cxi is stainless coil hx

£3500 + 220 for softener

30cxi
2 doubles in lounge
3 bedrooms (one in loft room)
New H/C feed to new bathroom
New gas supply feed (house was leccy storage heaters)

Is there an by-pass on the cold mains before it connects to the softener.

Next point is more serious, the drain from the softener is completely unacceptable.

Is the pipe it ends up in a soil or rain water pipe, if soil you will get smells back into the house, the waste which takes the regenerated water has to have a washing machine type trap, and be waste pipe size or it will overflow in the room when it pumps out at pressure.

pssssssssssssssst the pipework looks good, shame he is spoiling the ship with the points you have raised. by trying to cut corners.

festive said:
im holding the OUT connection, see the closeup yourself
Then the hoses are connected the wrong way round!

I think we ought to check on the requirements for the discharge pipes from the softener. Have you got access to the installation instructions?

Also the softener looks second hand! It's not one of the current models shown on their web site.

Not your night, is it? :rolleyes:

fitz1 said:
what was total cost.cxi is stainless coil hx

thanks for that just check on glowworm website, so treated water to it aint a problem, in fact its adivisable to inhibit scale build up

:)

nice looking boiler

Just blown the pic up it diffinately looks like the stopcock is showing the pipe you're holding as the inlet. check the arrow on the body to confirm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back