BG - can you work for them around your kids?

Well, i've completed the interviews and passed the assessment. Got a call and was offered a job.

Spoke to the local manager and asked about the core hours. My question " could i start a bit early, for example pick up parts needed for the day. Come back. Quickly drop kids off at 08:45 then start work. No need to worry about me finishing early as thats sorted. Don't mind on call or weekends. Plus kids have 3 months off as holiday per year which i can cover (husband, grandparents).

Him: lots of umming and arrhing. I'm not sure, it may cause problems with the other engineers. Needs to go to a meeting.

HOW MORE flexible can i be!!!!! This has really annoyed me and i'm strongly thinking of both turning the job down and also taking BG to task for poor family friendly work policies. I bet there are loads of engineers who start late and finish early without owning up. I put my cards on the table and it seems to have got me no-where :evil: .

holy thread resurrection!

thats unfortunate, i doubt my manager would have a problem with that, even for a new start.

Sponsored Links
JESS come off the computer go open your curtains and look out your window. What you now see is the real world get a grip and accept it FFS :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh, Jess.

Its a shame you don't login to the combustion chamber. See what else is being said bout BG ;) I went through the process in a moment of madness but turned them down - no regrets after reading whats said.

Why not stay where you are. From what i have read it seems like your dad has a great company to work for.

Oh, Jess.

Its a shame you don't login to the combustion chamber. See what else is being said bout BG ;) I went through the process in a moment of madness but turned them down - no regrets after reading whats said.

Why not stay where you are. From what i have read it seems like your dad has a great company to work for.

did you?

From your threads it sounds like you didn't get through.

And whats the point in wasting all the time going through the process and then not even trying the job :rolleyes:

Remember only a tiny tiny % of BG engineers post on here, why listen to them???

Sponsored Links
JESS come off the computer go open your curtains and look out your window. What you now see is the real world get a grip and accept it FFS :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What a complete backward neaderthal you are Namsag. Obviously you work for BG. No vision. :rolleyes:

no i don`t work for them now but i was a shop steward and stand in management for them. Simple i made provisions for my kids to be picked up etc after school and its simple you take the job on the companys terms not what you dictate to the company.
No way would i allow any worker to say i WANT to be here at this time of day which would possibly force other guys in that town to HAVE to work out of town and up to 20 mile away for a new starter, Get real.

EDIT i will take back the NO way .We had a guy lost his wife and had to look after his 7 year old son . He was on lates and weekends with me and i thought nothing of telling him to fek off home and spend time with his boy . But he was long service guy and NEVER expected or demanded people to cover him

What a complete backward neaderthal you are Namsag. Obviously you work for BG. No vision. :rolleyes:

And obviously undercover DIDN'T get throught the recruitment and is a little bitter about that fact.

And obviously undercover DIDN'T get throught the recruitment and is a little bitter about that fact.

"Thank you ****** for your online application to British Gas Services for the Technical Engineer vacancy.

We are delighted to tell you that we would like to offer you a position. We will be in touch soon with a formal offer letter that will describe the terms and conditions of the role.

If you have any enquires regarding this or any other matter you can get in touch with me by replying to this email at ********, or by calling the Recruitment Team on 0800-*****.

In the meantime, please complete the attached medical questionnaires which should be completed & returned DIRECTLY to Occupational Health either by email to ********* or by post to the address shown on the forms. Each document includes instructions for completion and return."

Gasright go about your daily servicing job, errm i mean FGA

We are delighted to tell you that we would like to offer you a position. We will be in touch soon with a formal offer letter that will describe the terms and conditions of the role.

bet you shat yourself when you discovered it was going to be hard work.

Got my own company so i work damn harder every day than you do.

In all previous posts you are the first one to say that working for BG is a piece of p*ss. Keep plodding on working and SELLING for the company Nickso. Hit your targets by ripping off the vulnerable (overpriced CO2's). Line the shareholders pockets. You must feel so proud in your daily uniform. The BG 'mantra' has sucked you right in. :rolleyes:

Not letting a female engineer just take 5 mins to drop her kids off at school. Downright disgusting. SHAME ON YOU BG!!. Hope she takes that TSM for discrimination.

In all previous posts you are the first one to say that working for BG is a piece of p*ss. Keep plodding on working and SELLING for the company Nickso. Hit your targets by ripping off the vulnerable (overpriced CO2's). Line the shareholders pockets. You must feel so proud in your daily uniform. The BG 'mantra' has sucked you right in. :rolleyes:

Not letting a female engineer just take 5 mins to drop her kids off at school. Downright disgusting. SHAME ON YOU BG!!. Hope she takes that TSM for discrimination.

got to agree with undercover on this one.

I'm lovin reading all this flack Brit Gas is getting.

My neighbour has been sold one of them carbon monoxide detectors when her boiler was last serviced

Combi's in the 'outhouse' joined on to the back of the house. She's more likely to die of natural causes than co poisoning :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i doubt it but maybe, i dont know how hard you work, just like you dont know how hard i work.

In all previous posts you are the first one to say that working for BG is a piece of p*ss

no, i said I find it easy. finding a job easy and working hard are not the same thing. to people like you and dangermouse it probably wasnt going to be easy, not everyone is cut out for it if they do it properly.

Keep plodding on working and SELLING for the company Nickso

i dont sell unless its necessary or the customer requests it, im on every zero list going for sales.

Hit your targets by ripping off the vulnerable (overpriced CO2's

i dont sell cod's unless its an open flued or positive pressure boiler, i dont rip off the vulnerable and feel no need to "hit targets", neither do a lot of my fellow engineers.

Line the shareholders pockets. You must feel so proud in your daily uniform. The BG 'mantra' has sucked you right in.

i have no interest in the shareholders or their pockets, they bought shares for a reason and a lot of those shares are held by employees. if you had bothered to read any of my posts you will know im hardly the company man and im quite happy to put the boot into BG when they deserve it, im also quite happy to defend them when they dont.

a little bit emotional here are we? lets not forget they are running a business and its not a creche. get yout facts right as its not the TSM's decision.

same as all the other random's on here who have litle idea of fact, try to belittle BG as its an easy target. you have little idea of what you talk about but seem to think you know it all.

got to agree with undercover on this one.

we have already established you have no idea what you are talking about, no ideas of your own so you just blindly agree with a factually incorrect post. too much like hard work to make up your own post with your own ideas i suppose.

Moderator: will you please close this post.

These replies are'nt helping anyone boys!. I have read lots of good stuff from both undercover and nickso in other posts. U both have strong opinions, in fact without realising it you prob would make a good team.

Undercover: pity you didnt go for BG ;)

TSM is getting back to me and seemed positive after speaking to others on the patch. Aint difficult to acomadate really. I can pick up my daily parts 1st thing, earlier than others do maybe, nip back, husband off to work, kids to school, me to work b4 nine :D Same as any busy working mum. Doesn't matter what time i finish really as told TSM lates, on call, weekends are not a prob 4 me.

THE END :!: :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back