BG - can you work for them around your kids?

Close it, Close it....... I cn feel a locking coming on....:D

Sponsored Links
dangermouse46";p="987947 said:
try to deal in fact boy. the fact is BG are better off without you.

i'm better off without Bg. Earn far more money (for less hours) and don't have do deal with the likes of you. Enjoy your shifts, rubbish wages and g.a :D

suit yourself, ive no problem with it. shifts can be a pain but hardly a nightmare, GA is easy money, get paid for sitting around and if i do get called out i get paid shedloads for standing about draining a system down....hmm...difficult. 35-40k for interesting and varied work. easy i say.

truth is i'd get bored doing the same boilers day in and out, thats why i turned down worcester.

nickso";p="988223 said:
dangermouse46";p="987947 said:
try to deal in fact boy. the fact is BG are better off without you.

get paid for sitting around and if i do get called out i get paid shedloads for standing about draining a system down....hmm...difficult.

get paid shedloads on g.a? Not how I remember it! Being called out all hours and doing all the crap jobs left over from the late shift with a tracker on the van and still having to work the next day all for a poxy time and a half! standby payment is a pittance. Wow.

Sponsored Links
a little optomistic don't you think? How many grannies do you have to mis sell to get that?

This isnt serving any purpose now and has drifted from the original OP's question. Looking back this appears to have been resolved.

Nickso, i apologise. However, i was angry that BG may have lost out on a valuable engineer all because she may have not been allowed to start a shift a little late.

How would they have lost out ? .
There is enough people applying for the jobs . Who would actually accept the hours and times the company wants them to work. Which funny enough they actually tell you when you apply so they are not hiding anything.
Bit like joining todays army and saying what i`m not going sking or lying on a beach or mountain climbing "you actually want me to be shot at, sorry cant do that today i have the kids to pick up at 5 and don`t give me one of those gun thingy`s as they make an awful loud noise"

I agree namsag BG have terms and conditions of employment, are you honestly suggesting they should rewrite them every time someone wants a job and the hours are unsociable.

What happens when the kids are bad, who phones up and says sorry Mr BG cannot come to work today, can you re-schedule all my work for next week sometime.

And to top it all I want the same money, get lost. :LOL:

Namsag: You are still a backward thinking neaderthal. Little lady should stay at home, give her a slap if my tea aint on the table, shouldn't be female engineers in Bg seem to be your opinion. How you must hark back to those good old days.......

Doitall: Jess knows that BG has terms and conditions of employment and those conditions would (or should) promote a healthy work life balance. You've jumped in without reading that she is prepared to work unsociable hours. It would probably only be 1 day week where she would need to start work 10mins later than usual. Especially with all the sh1tty hours that BG throws at you.....

Oh, and whose to say her husband wouldnt take time off work if the kids were bad

I've already told her to stay where she is :rolleyes:

Undercover . Where the fek do i mention the fact she is a woman. The only woman i see on this topic is YOU whittling on . As nickso says simple you could not have hacked the job so best you keep quiet.
And if you are talking about neandrathal man as an insult i would suggest you learn how to spell it otherwise you make your self look even more stupid.
Also try doing a little search on recent understanding on neandrathal man and you will realise they where in fact quite clever unlike yourself

OR if you want the altenate spelling its neandrethal

She's more likely to die of natural causes than co poisoning :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ummmm yes cant argue with that....hopefully applies to all of us.

The little lad in Yorkshire was killed by co poisoning from a neighbours property. That was a modern fan flued boiler with all the 'bells and whistles'

If you check the hse website on recent co incidents you would probably find that a large proportion are not even due to the customer's own faulting boiler or even a gas appliance at all.

Undercover . Where the fek do i mention the fact she is a woman. The only woman i see on this topic is YOU whittling on . As nickso says simple you could not have hacked the job so best you keep quiet.
And if you are talking about neandrathal man as an insult i would suggest you learn how to spell it otherwise you make your self look even more stupid.
Also try doing a little search on recent understanding on neandrathal man and you will realise they where in fact quite clever unlike yourself

OR if you want the altenate spelling its neandrethal

Check your spelling again Neanderthal man. In fact neanderthal man died out due to stupidity (much like yourself) when trying to compete with homo erectus, later to become homo sapien. Knew my time at university would come in useful

I think my spelling was amazingly good considering i had been on the **** for ten hours. only getting er and ar back to front .Cant even spell normally when i am sober :LOL: :LOL:
Its good to see you managed to spell it right on your second go. ;)

Still would not give her a job though

Still would not give her a job though

I guess the problem with that is that bg introduced what they call a 'family friendly' working hours scheme about 3 years ago for exactly this scenario....I just don't think they told anybody.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back