boiler and warmfront visit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
10year old combi boiler been playing up for months warmfront came to visit regarding it and unluck for us the boiler was having a good day and rads were warm so warmfront guy not interested , that was 2 weeks ago and since then its been a problem again so booked another visit , any ideas to disable the combi to help our claim for new boiler , thanks

Sponsored Links
Don't expect handouts from the government.
You want a new boiler pay for it yourself.

You could pay for a competent engineer to come and disable the boiler. Just make sure that he guaranties his work though.

Or for about the same price you could pay him to repair the boiler!

I'll nip up and disable it for 2K. I can guarantee it won't work again but I'm not sure if warmfront will notice the axe through the casing or not.

Sponsored Links
Why not just get it fixed? If it's working most of the time there can't be too much wrong with it!! Disabling it just so you can spend taxpayers money on a new one isn't really fair game

Don't expect handouts from the government.
You want a new boiler pay for it yourself.

That's why this country no longer has a p ot o pi 55 in :rolleyes:

So true. Everybody expecting hand outs.
This country is back to front.
Government takes too much tax and then gives people handouts.
What a ridiculous system.
Everybody should pay their own way.

A year or two. I'm out of here. Sooner the better.

well the OP could learn a lesson by having warmfront install their usual high quality boilers, then when it breaksdown within 6 mths spend 3hrs on the phone to get hold of them and then wait another 4 weeks for them to turn up to fix it.

10year old combi boiler been playing up for months warmfront came to visit regarding it and unluck for us the boiler was having a good day and rads were warm so warmfront guy not interested , that was 2 weeks ago and since then its been a problem again so booked another visit , any ideas to disable the combi to help our claim for new boiler , thanks

Try getting a job and start saving....like everyone else? I am plssed off now :evil:

Try getting a job and start saving....like everyone else? I am plssed off now :evil:
OP could disable himself then get through an ATOS test and get onto ESA - that`ll keep him going for a year - then it`s means tested :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back