German economic powerhouse ......oh dear !

Sponsored Links
http://dailym.ai/2dqzIqI

In an article recently Frederick Forsythe mentioned that one of his friends apparently a bit of an economic guru gave Germany four or five years before major problems would beset the german economy. A factor in Germany's growth was because of nato they had little need to spend on defence or arms.

I find it strange that after the massive destruction of the allied bombing campaign the country could have found the money for the regeneration that took place so quickly........they are still finding art treasures in museums that were looted during WW2....perhaps far more was squirreled away than was admitted to.

Could explain why Germany is letting in all this cheap labour. Trouble is, the lazy bugggers don't want to work. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
In an article recently Frederick Forsythe mentioned that one of his friends apparently a bit of an economic guru .
Frederick Forsyth, brilliant fiction writer. I've read many of his books and seen the films The Day of the Jackal, Dogs of War and The Fourth Protocol a couple of times.
His Gulf War novels are also interesting.

Just how the rest of your comment relates to the woes of Germany's Banks is mystifying.

Could explain why Germany is letting in all this cheap labour. Trouble is, the lazy bugggers don't want to work. :ROFLMAO:
Racist plonker!
And thanked by woodbine! :rolleyes:

What is one to expect when some enjoy protected status to repeatedly make racially offensive comments and criticism of them is repeatedly deleted.
One expects a systemic culture of racism!

Could explain why Germany is letting in all this cheap labour. Trouble is, the lazy bugggers don't want to work.
If you mean the Germans are generally too lazy to want to work then I would say you are wrong. The German people I know are hard working and the general impression I get is that the general population is not workshy.

There is an interesting difference in the work ethic between those who grew up in the DDR ( East Germany ) and those who grew up in the BRD ( West Germany )

In the DDR one had to have a job to be "eligable" for housing and to be homeless could mean being relocated to a place where homeless people could be catered for. ( That is a very simple description of a very complex system intended to ensure that people worked "for the good of the people and the country ")

In the BDR the motivation was to rebuild Germany (1945 -> 1960's ) and having had to work extremely hard to, at first survive, and then, with basic food and shelter in place, restore the country to a viable state the people had a firmly implanted ethic to work hard.

If you mean the Germans are generally too lazy to want to work then I would say you are wrong. The German people I know are hard working and the general impression I get is that the general population is not workshy.

There is an interesting difference in the work ethic between those who grew up in the DDR ( East Germany ) and those who grew up in the BRD ( West Germany )

In the DDR one had to have a job to be "eligable" for housing and to be homeless could mean being relocated to a place where homeless people could be catered for. ( That is a very simple description of a very complex system intended to ensure that people worked "for the good of the people and the country ")

In the BDR the motivation was to rebuild Germany (1945 -> 1960's ) and having had to work extremely hard to, at first survive, and then, with basic food and shelter in place, restore the country to a viable state the people had a firmly implanted ethic to work hard.

Not what I said, I was talking about the immigrants. I spent five years in Germany and found them to be hard working and hard playing people.

Surely a good thing she's not prepared to reward a bank for reckless money squandering like we did ?????

Not what I said, I was talking about the immigrants.

It wasn't clear who you were referring to.

Immigrants into Germany seem to be far more supervised than in the UK, Guest workers were sent back to their own country when there was no further work for them in Germany ( 1970's)

Surely a good thing she's not prepared to reward a bank for reckless money squandering like we did ?????
Thing is Brown and I think it was alistair darling who said it was the only time he was really scared that if the banks collapsed anarchy would soon ensue, it was discussed that if people went to cash machinges and couldn't get money then the masses would just take food.

There's a saying that anarchy is nine meals away.........

Last edited:
On radio 4

they were saying that the U.S is likely to hit Detche bank with a massive fine ?? $14 billion was mentioned ??

Racist plonker!
And thanked by woodbine! :rolleyes:

What is one to expect when some enjoy protected status to repeatedly make racially offensive comments and criticism of them is repeatedly deleted.
One expects a systemic culture of racism!
Come to think of it, you don't seem to work either...

Sponsored Links
Back