How are you planning to vote?

Who are you planning to vote for? (Listed in alphabetical order)

• Conservative

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Green Party

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Scottish Green Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UKIP

Votes: 31 56.4%
  • I won't be voting / I will spoil my ballot paper

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Uh uh, best you can do (JohnD)?

Not actually been able to refute any of my arguments, so you resort to silliness, OK you 'win' ;)

When you stop posting falsified quotes, try to think of a way to disprove this:

if we vote for the candidate chosen by Oily Dave's party, we are voting for Oily Dave as PM.

Sponsored Links
I wonder if the residents of white Wythenshawe will muster the strength to "do a Barking" and vote UKIP instead of Labour :mrgreen:

I wouldn't know as I don't live there. It would be nice to see some Labour supporters making the correct decision, though. :D

I'm a little bit disappointed that the poll shows some people are STILL going to vote for the Paedo Protection Party

The mind boggles.

I wonder if they'd support a Jimmy Savile Memorial Day too ?

Under PR, you will still get most MP's being voted in with 50% or less of their constituents voting for them. And most people vote for the same things anyway, we will still have mostly Tory or Labour MP's. Maybe a few more Lib dems, not a huge change.

The sort of proportional representation I should like to see would be some system where votes are counted nationally and representatives given seats in proportion to the number of votes counted. So, for example, if the Conservatives received 38% of the votes, Labour 37%, LimpDems 6%, UKIP 17% and others 2%, those would be the proportions of the MPs in the House.

Of course, the Commons is traditionally composed of MPs each elected as the local representative of their constituents, and is unlikely to be changed. Perhaps my hypothetical system could be used to replace the out-of-date and bloated House of Lords? The members could be chosen by the parties they represent.

I despair!

I suppose it could be argued that once again Scotland is leading the way, Free Prescriptions, Free bus passes [I have one] Free tuition and PR?

ken

They're not free. Someone is paying for them even if you are not.

If the snp get their foot through the door @ 10 downing street they will demand a debt fuelled spending spree only to benefit greedy jocks.
:evil:

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
I'm a little bit disappointed that the poll shows some people are STILL going to vote for the Paedo Protection Party

The mind boggles.

I wonder if they'd support a Jimmy Savile Memorial Day too ?

Indeed. Perhaps a large proportion of the people where I live are themselves paedos.

I hasten to add, though, that I am not one of them! :eek:

The sort of proportional representation I should like to see would be some system where votes are counted nationally and representatives given seats in proportion to the number of votes counted. So, for example, if the Conservatives received 38% of the votes, Labour 37%, LimpDems 6%, UKIP 17% and others 2%, those would be the proportions of the MPs in the House.
Nice idea, but (and please feel free to laugh as you correct my naivety), this tends to form a weak government as demonstrated by the Italian system.

Nice idea, but (and please feel free to laugh as you correct my naivety), this tends to form a weak government as demonstrated by the Italian system.

Surely you are not trying to compare us to the Eyeties?

Italy operates a PR system (or used to) and never seemed to forge a strong government.

Italy operates a PR system (or used to) and never seemed to forge a strong government.
Perhaps so, but not along the lines of mine!

I despair!

I suppose it could be argued that once again Scotland is leading the way, Free Prescriptions, Free bus passes [I have one] Free tuition and PR?

ken

They're not free. Someone is paying for them even if you are not.

If the snp get their foot through the door @ 10 downing street they will demand a debt fuelled spending spree only to benefit greedy jocks.
:evil:

I wish the Scots would achieve independence. It would save the rest of us a lot of money, and I'd love to see Salmon's and Sturgeon's faces when their dream falls apart!

Norcon posted "If the snp get their foot through the door @ 10 downing street they will demand a debt fuelled spending spree only to benefit greedy jocks.

if you check recent information from HMRC you will find that the greedy Scots are proven to pay MORE per head in TAX to the Revenue than the rest of the tax payers in the UK.

Not a party political statement, but one issued by the Westminster controlled HMRC.

Happy to pay my share.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back