lights

Sponsored Links
Will 0.75m2 be ok for 2 lights on a 5 amp plug???

It probably will be OK - meaning that the flex should comfortably offer a current carrying capacity of 5 amps. Though if the lamps are 100 watts each or less then you could use a 1 or 2 amp fuse to protect the cable.

My answers assume that you are running a short length of flex not buried in a wall with insulation or something similar?

Sponsored Links
its four core cable, gonna use 2 wires per light

4 core flex would normally have one green/yellow insulated core, which can only be used as the earth connection.
How exactly were you intending to connect the cable to the lights and plug?

bulbs are a maximum of 40watt, yeh mains rated use to use em to wire boilers up?

Well you could protect with a 1 amp fuse in that case. I still say that is a long run of flex and sounds like something that should be wired properly as fixed wiring in 1mm or 1.5mm twin&earth or is it a temporary arrangement?

4 core flex would normally have one green/yellow insulated core, which can only be used as the earth connection.
How exactly were you intending to connect the cable to the lights and plug?

Good point. the flex will need a connected CPC even if the light fittings don't need it.

its for 2 lights in the shed just plug it inside 20 turn lights on when am in it of a night ive looked in to spuring off with a fuse spare and running a 2.5mm in to the shed, but the nearest socket is a radial not a ring and am not paying loads of cash to run it back to the consumer boared its other side of the house lol ( and before any1 starts was getting a spark to do the spare :rolleyes: lol )

the nearest socket is a radial not a ring and am not paying loads of cash to run it back to the consumer boared its other side of the house lol ( and before any1 starts was getting a spark to do the spare :rolleyes: lol )

It's OK to take a spur from a radial.

its got gray, black, blue, red in it ??? what the spark gave me from my old works sat in shed just wondered if it would do? plan was 2 lives (sleved brown) from the 4 core and 2 neutrals (sleeved blue) going in to wall mounted terminal box and some 3 core to a plug. the lights dont have any earth points on them all plastic ? how could i earth it when there no earth points ?

Why don't you just use an extension lead and a lamp or two to plug in to it, for those nights you need to be in the shed?

hummm .. thought you couldnt spur of a radial single twin and earth to the plug .. or am i thinking you cant spur of a spur?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back