lights

thought of that but be a pain in ass having reel it out just to nip in it for few mins an wind it back up, plus am sleving the wire in some 15mm plastic pipe before the decking gos down

Sponsored Links
hummm .. thought you couldnt spur of a radial single twin and earth to the plug .. or am i thinking you cant spur of a spur?

Yep its not a problem.

You can not spur from a spur unless you use an FCU or similar.

You can spur from a ring final or a radial.

Have a look at regulation 433.1 there is a nice drawing of what you can/can not do.

go on then giz a list then, will go with the 2.5mm now i no you can spur of a radial, how much do u think a spark will charge to cert an conect the spurs in ?

Sponsored Links
You can not spur from a spur unless you use an FCU or similar.
Just to avoid potential confusion, what you've written could be taken to mean that one can run a 'spur' from an existing unfused spur, provided that the 'second spur' is fed from the first by an FCU - but I don't think that's the case, is it?

I presume what you meant is that one cannot run a second socket from a spur unless that 'first spur' is a fused one fed by an FCU from the main final circuit (in which case one can connect as many sockets as one wishes). Was that your intended meaning?

Kind Regards, John.

I presume what you meant is that one cannot run a second socket from a spur unless that 'first spur' is a fused one fed by an FCU from the main final circuit (in which case one can connect as many sockets as one wishes). Was that your intended meaning?

Correct, thanks for pointing that out. If only I could teach my keyboard to produce what I meant and not what I type :LOL:

ive got a 15mm no joints single pipe coming in the house, ran on the surface well above ground level so wont sit in water for about 12meters, comes in to the shed, wanted to ither run the 4 core for the lights or if am runing 2.5mm in now ill fit a perminant 13amp rcd socket in there with the said lights on a flex and plug instead ????

i.e. not "sleving the wire in some 15mm plastic pipe before the decking gos down".

yes its raised decking so its hi enuf to be off the ground and want the cable in befor the decking gos down and coveres the 15mm plastic sleve?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back