P.C.Police...

Sponsored Links
I guess it's no longer acceptable to use certain words!
Nice apology tho, probably one of the more 'human' ones I've heard, rather than just going through the basics.

Isn't LGBT one of the sandwiches at Subway?

£3.90 as a meal deal. I've not tried one myself mind. :cautious:

Sponsored Links
I noticed the word 'Queer' has been mentioned on the vid.
Is that word acceptable now.??? when did that happen.?????

I remember the days when that word was hugely offensive.

Keep changing their minds, forgetting that the rest of us don't give a sh*t.

Apart from all that - my point is what on earth can possibly be wrong with 'tranny"; it's just an abbreviation?

It doesn't sound like or imply anything derogatory, does it?

Is 'straighty' insulting to heterosexual people?

Unless tranny means something of which I am unaware, it surely is a mad step too far.

Well, yes, but that is equally ridiculous.

As I have said before, it, (with one k) IS the name of their country.

What about 'Gerry'?

American friend of mine had a cow when she found out in the UK we sometimes still say Jap, for Japanese. Huge no-no in the states, proper offensive. Here, well it's nothing really I don't think? We were talking about a Jap vinyl editions at the time - it was that bad even that offended her even tho we were not using the word in a derogatory manner.

I guess words, on a whole, are offensive as a person deems them to be.

I guess words, on a whole, are offensive as a person deems them to be.
Yes, that IS the case, but should it be so?

If you were abroad and somebody shouted "Hey English!" (or more similar, Scotty) ; would YOU be offended.

That a word IS deemed offensive is, it seems, down to the inferiority complex of the offended.

Whatever has gone before, I still find it difficult to accept that 'tranny' is offensive and worthy of such a grovelling apology.

Yes, that IS the case, but should it be so?

If you were abroad and somebody shouted "Hey English!" (or more similar, Scotty) ; would YOU be offended.

That a word IS deemed offensive is, it seems, down to the inferiority complex of the offended.

Whatever has gone before, I still find it difficult to accept that 'tranny' is offensive and worthy of such a grovelling apology.
Yes and no over inferiority complex. 'Hey English' would mean nothing to me because it wasn't and never has been seen as a derogatory comment. I was also born white and I have never been subject to a form of name calling because of my heritage - apart from my family jokingly calling me a 'rag head' as a kid for being born in the Middle East.
So I look at it from a very different point of view, I am spoiled, I don't really know what it truly is like to experience racism or stereotyping so not too sure am qualified to comment if a word is ok or not.

So for me it should be taken on a case by case, **** was meant as derogatory and was very much used as in the 60's and 70's - from British media through to sitcoms. So yeah, quite right too we shouldn't use it and I am not sure if that's down to someone's thickness of skin and ability to shrug it off.
If in America because its history and the use of Jap is still a no-no then fair enough. Trannie, well, if it's now offensive then it's offensive. Is it as simple as a shortened word? No, I don't think so. If it's meant as a derogatory term then it will carry weight for those it's targeted at.

Did that make any sense? Am tired as hell today!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Back