Scoundrels

As you pointed out correctly it was not as big. Yet fitting 17000 into a 10000 capacity was never going to be safe.

I've been to Hillsborough not sure if you have. It would have held about 47000 if memory serves me right.

Forest would had maybe 20000 Liverpool maybe would had 27000 tickets.

Over 50000 Liverpool fans turned up that day.

Even then Hillsborough was antiquated shït hole. Never was it geared up for such numbers, in or outside the ground.

A big difference is that when the disaster happened, the Leppings Lane terrace wasn't even full. The fatalities all occurred in the two central pens. There was still plenty of room in the pens on either side. It was a failure to properly control and direct the fans that caused the disaster. If they had closed off the two central pens when they were full, like they did the year before, nobody would have been injured, let alone died.

Sponsored Links
I'm sure all those things happened. But those things happen at many football matches.
As I've always said.

Just because some Liverpool fans were guilty of bad behaviour, doesn't mean they caused the disaster.
Liverpool fans caused the Heysal disaster. Result all English teams were band fro Europe

The fatal crush was caused by the police making catastrophic errors. They knew a large crowd would develop because there were so few turnstiles. But for some reason they decided not to follow the plan that had worked really well at the semi-final at Hillsborough the previous year.

The plan was for a capacity crowd not for thousands of ticket less pìssed up fans

I've no doubt the police did not do their job that day and were in part a fault.

A big difference is that when the disaster happened, the Leppings Lane terrace wasn't even full. The fatalities all occurred in the two central pens. There was still plenty of room in the pens on either side. It was a failure to properly control and direct the fans that caused the disaster. If they had closed off the two central pens when they were full, like they did the year before, nobody would have been injured, let alone died.

Two minutes before KO it should have been full.

Sponsored Links
Not really comparable to an FA Cup sf at a 40k(?) capacity ground, is it?

I'm telling how it was I'm not trying to outdo Liverpool.

I was a skinny little 17 year old . Be it 200 people pushing against me or 2000 pushing against me I don't think it would have made much difference

Don't need to...

Have you not learnt how to
This is how to use Google.

Looks like a football forum

Screenshot_20230215_142501_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back