the dole queue beckons again... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been there done that, but was an agency! If you need to stress, then PM me for my msn address, because there is a point when you think...why bother..all this stress, and upheaveal. And all these that know better, to advise ****.

I signed on today, and had a sleepless night, was really ill, felt dizzy, and hadn't eaten all weekend, due to being ill. I rang the dole, to be excused, but was told, that I would need to collect a form, then send it to Bolton, that would send me a decision withing three weeks, to state if I got money in 4 days. So I collect a form while I'm ill? You are not allowed to be ill while on the dole? So no money for 4 weeks?+ So the unemployeyed aren't allowed to be ill?

Jobs currently available - Gas meter readers, Life models, Self Employed plumber, Heavy plant operative. REALLY?

Sponsored Links
FFs, don't tell them your ill, they will tell you to go sick if they can, then see how long you wait to be told your not sick enough, and go back and sign back on, then lose your details, been there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FFs, don't tell them your ill, they will tell you to go sick if they can, then see how long you wait to be told your not sick enough, and go back and sign back on, then lose your details, been there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As have I. So I went in. And my neighbour that works there signed us both. I was like death warmed up, awful. NOBODY would ever turn up to work like that. But being unemployed...you MUST. Hope I spread many deseases.

I'f unemployed, must go in, or lose 3 weeks pay minimum. Working, gain a days pay.

"I'f unemployed, must go in, or lose 3 weeks pay minimum. Working, gain a days pay."

It's a benefit not "Pay"

Sponsored Links
The day they told me I started looking, and there's a job working on containerised systems in afganistan ( boilers, incinerators etc ), 90 days out, 30 days paid holiday when you get back..
it was for £60k.. don't know if that was each rotation or per "year"..

very tempted to apply.. but I'd miss the internet and telly...

The day they told me I started looking, and there's a job working on containerised systems in afganistan ( boilers, incinerators etc ), 90 days out, 30 days paid holiday when you get back..

And if kidnapped by the locals, you'd miss your head being joined to your neck. :LOL: :LOL:

"I'f unemployed, must go in, or lose 3 weeks pay minimum. Working, gain a days pay."

It's a benefit not "Pay"

Thing is though Cortina,,, Would your employer rather you went into work , say with the flu and spread it about the workforce? Or, stay at home for a week and not risk any other workers taking ill?

Years ago I had the flu and struggled to go into work. Within a week almost 3/4 of my shift were off with flu. The other shifts had a turn in of about 10%. Apparently all down to me for going in. :cry:

It's easy for those working to knock the unemployed, but unemployed people too suffer the same illnesses that working people suffer.
Let's look at it another way,, If your employer told you that if you had any time off whatsoever through illness, then you were not going to receive any money for three or four weeks, you'd probably be looking for another job.

You'd actually have (limited) access to the internet and probably TV, too. Not exactly the nicest place on earth to work, though.

Losing the job just before Christmas is bad news but they probably only wanted you temporarily anyway.

The main thing is to keep the weight loss going. The more weight you shed the easier it will be to get another job.

Make it a project to go out walking an hour in the morning and at night - and even in the day if you can.

Losing the job just before Christmas is bad news but they probably only wanted you temporarily anyway.

The main thing is to keep the weight loss going. The more weight you shed the easier it will be to get another job.

Make it a project to go out walking an hour in the morning and at night - and even in the day if you can.

I don't know if Coljack drives, but since I lost the use of my car, due to not being able to insure it etc, and walking everywhere, I've lost loads of weight, due to having to walk/bus everywhere..I was 12.5 stone, and my doctor said thats within BMI limits, although I felt overweight, and not up for exercise, where now, I'm down to 10 stone? Feel a lot better, still have chubbiness, and feel good to exercise. But all my clothes bury me now! It's like those ads you see for weightwatchers, before and after, but much of the weightloss is also due to a cracked tooth, which limited my diet. Rock on Coljack, keep your spirits up.

Ok, own up, who has hacked joe-90's account? :confused:

If I feel ill I have to go to work or I wont get paid, also people are likely to get pretty narked if you start a job on their property and then take a few weeks off with flu. If you are ill you may as well be ill at work, or in the job center for 15 mins.

If you took a day off work for being ill, do you lose 3-4 weeks money? You probably earn in a day, what I get for a week. So it is no bother to you.

Meanwhile, back on earth.... I am self employed, only me, occasional help. I cant think of any illness that renders so bad that you cannot work which requires only one day to recouperate.

Yes I work when ill, I have too, I have a family to support and a mortgage to pay, along with the bills that all of that bring with it. I cant just stop working, I recouperate on weekends if I have flu and need to work through it.
I will not leave a customer in the lurch and will not turn down the oppertunity to work for the sake of having a cold.

So you have never been ill? or learnt how to spell? EVER in your professional life? Flu doesn't happen at weekends only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back