the dole queue beckons again... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you have never been ill? or learnt how to spell? EVER in your professional life? Flu doesn't happen at weekends only.

Of course I have been ill, I just get on with it, how hard is it to grasp????? Also, if you were able to read whilst spell checking 'my work' you would notice that I said if I have flu I recouperate at weekends, not that I only have flu at weekends! By the way, i'm sorry, was every work I typed spelt incorrectly? While we're at it, you second sentance should have been started with a capital letter :rolleyes: never mind, I wont keep on about it.

Tell me, is there a MacDonalds or a super market near you, or are you choosing not to work? Or are you too busy checking grammer and spelling to work? Perhaps you dont get on with people who like working, thats why you cannot work? Perhaps any excuse (such as the sniffles) is enough not to bother. Maybe, just maybe, the Government could provide you with money and you could just wait at home, hoping someone will summon you for a job, that would be better wouldn't it. Point out about my spelling all you like, it's the only thing that you have up on me. Infact I could have made sure there were no mistakes if I felt it to be very important when conversing on an internet forum. Fortunatly for your ego I don't think you are worth the time of a proof read.

You have to do one little task for your 'free cash' and even that is too much effort if your feeling a little poorly. I am not suprised employers are not interested in you, your attitude stinks. You are destined to remain on the dole, and complaining about a system that good, honest, poor spelling grafters are expected to fund. I can understand that unemployment can be unavoidable but seriously, as asked before, after so long being without paid work, isn't there a MacDonalds or supermarket near you?

Sponsored Links
This might be worth a try...

1. Become a self employed in the trades you know.
2. Get some business cards made in that trade
3. Take them round to the businesses and hand them out.
4. If you get a job make sure you use a time sheet.

It is very,very easy for a company to take on self employed and it could be the cheapest way for them to get somebody with the skills for a short period of time. It also gets you in the building with a good job seeking frame of mind. You might even get a chat and a cup of tea for your troubles.
You can charge what you like to cover expenses and do offers.
Advertise yourself on job websites. I use Gumtree, etc..
Go back to your old jobs with your card because some might be on the border line for employing somebody but cannot quite justify it.
If you have skills that are useful to householders get cards made and take them round.

In my area I've refurbished houses, fitted garage door openers, gardened, installed personal telephone diallers for old people,etc..
Have you considered private hire car.

Good luck! :)

1john, Let's just hope and pray, you don't get some illness that requires hospitalisation. Or pass on the flu to your customers.
Your statement "If you are ill you may as well be ill at work" is a rather stupid statement. Why do you think doctors tell people to take a week/fortnight off work?? Not just to help them get better, but they know some illnesses can get worse without rest. Sometimes medication can affect your body/judgement making work almost impossible.

If your self employed and have to work every day though illness, your obviously either not charging enough for your services, or are spending too much of your money. Have you considered insurance for such an occasion? My younger brother is self employed and has insurance to cover unforeseen illnesses/accidents, that affect his ability to earn.
What would you do if you broke both your legs?? Starve for 6 weeks until you could walk again? ;) ;)

You can take my post out of context if you like, I work every opportunity I get as you never know when a dry spell may arrive, obviously breaking legs or other forms of hospitalization is an exception, it would be silly to think otherwise. As for your younger brothers insurance policy, how long must he not earn money or not have work for before the insurance policy will pay out?? I prefer to work as hard as I can to tide me through dry spells, I wouldn't want to rely on an insurance policy which may pose to be problematic.

Sponsored Links
so not fit for work... hence why you were sacked.....

I wasn't sacked, I was made redundant.. and yes I do think that my weight might have had an influence on the decision, but I don't think it was the sole reason.

I am fit to work, I have been doing so for the past 4 months and there are plenty of people of a similar size that work..
Perhaps I'm not suited for work as a personal trainer or "work" as a professional footballer, but there's plenty I can do.

I don't claim to have some piffling "illness or disability" that prevents me from working, unlike Wagner who is claiming disability for a frozen shoulder despite jumping about on the X-factor..

I'd much rather be working than claiming benefits

Just thought I'd update you lot..
I start a new job on wednesday..

says "temporary for at least 3 months" but as it's with an agency, you have to do 3 months before the company can take you off the agency so I'm hoping it might be permanent..

it's 20 miles away though, but almost all of that is 60+ speed limits so it only takes about half an hour to drive it.. but it's going to cost me £50 a week in petrol I recon...

Gastastic.......There are several others on this site in a similar position to Col. I.e. over weight and/or unemployed. Don't think we get any mothers though. Hard working tax payers, plenty. So, your rant has been read by all, so, just a minute while I yawn, that's better. I hope you feel better now :)

Just thought I'd update you lot..
I start a new job on wednesday..

says "temporary for at least 3 months" but as it's with an agency, you have to do 3 months before the company can take you off the agency so I'm hoping it might be permanent..

it's 20 miles away though, but almost all of that is 60+ speed limits so it only takes about half an hour to drive it.. but it's going to cost me £50 a week in petrol I recon...

I f you were an MP you'd get that back...why is that? the rest of us can't claim sod all for travelling to work...why should they?

I can't claim it back, but I can claim FOR it.. extra money...

it's one of these agencies that use a 3rd party for paying us.. we work for the 3rd party on paper who sub us out to the agency who then sub us out again to the client..

Good luck in your new job CJ, hope it all goes well and you get something permanent out of it.
Unfortunately it cost most of us good people to travel to work, it's a cross we have to bear!

I can't claim it back, but I can claim FOR it.. extra money...

it's one of these agencies that use a 3rd party for paying us.. we work for the 3rd party on paper who sub us out to the agency who then sub us out again to the client..

I thought they abolished slavery? :LOL:

So you have never been ill? or learnt how to spell? EVER in your professional life? Flu doesn't happen at weekends only.

Of course I have been ill, I just get on with it, how hard is it to grasp????? Also, if you were able to read whilst spell checking 'my work' you would notice that I said if I have flu I recouperate at weekends, not that I only have flu at weekends! By the way, i'm sorry, was every work I typed spelt incorrectly? While we're at it, you second sentance should have been started with a capital letter :rolleyes: never mind, I wont keep on about it.

Tell me, is there a MacDonalds or a super market near you, or are you choosing not to work? Or are you too busy checking grammer and spelling to work? Perhaps you dont get on with people who like working, thats why you cannot work? Perhaps any excuse (such as the sniffles) is enough not to bother. Maybe, just maybe, the Government could provide you with money and you could just wait at home, hoping someone will summon you for a job, that would be better wouldn't it. Point out about my spelling all you like, it's the only thing that you have up on me. Infact I could have made sure there were no mistakes if I felt it to be very important when conversing on an internet forum. Fortunatly for your ego I don't think you are worth the time of a proof read.

You have to do one little task for your 'free cash' and even that is too much effort if your feeling a little poorly. I am not suprised employers are not interested in you, your attitude stinks. You are destined to remain on the dole, and complaining about a system that good, honest, poor spelling grafters are expected to fund. I can understand that unemployment can be unavoidable but seriously, as asked before, after so long being without paid work, isn't there a MacDonalds or supermarket near you?

That's a nice attitude to take. I have submitted employment forms at McDonalds, and all local supermarkets, but they prefer people with experience in that field, not people that are trained in my experience. Plus a minimum wage job could not maintain my lifestyle, so I would be worse off taking a minimum wage job, than I am getting £60 a week.

However, on a more serious point, that makes sense, Col - doing a temporary contract with an agency is seriously a bad move for you. Have you any support agencies to support you? Always PM me if you need help, and ignore the bullies, and fukcnots, that have no idea how the world works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back