Well done Man United

I smell a RAT

Oh, are we back on rooney again now?

Cmon u can do better than that

Good management btw is managing difficult and temperamental players
and making them stay and PLAY for the team.

Fergie is the master, we got at least 2~3 years more of ronaldo because of him, he got cantona back playing superbly and kept rooney for likely his whole career or future big money sale

Fergie also gets rid when he has to. Ince and Keane ring any bells

His record says it all

Sponsored Links
LOL this from a man who claim his 2 grannies had passed away to get out of playing for his country - anything he says I take with pinch of salt - he was jealous as we were going places and he wasn't good enough, proved that at Villa and will prove it at Newcastle as well

You've got to admit there's no soul left in City though. £200k/week for Yaya Toure? Balotelli keeps getting games when his actions at any other club would leave him out in the cold. Over £120m spent on players last summer alone. Every club attracts players by giving them a lot of money, but City seem to have a lot of average/above average players on extortionate amounts of money.

One has to wonder how they'll manage when the financial fair play rules come into force!

they will manage fine, loads of links on how they will sort it out and how it is all in hand if you check

just one example being

'Chelsea and Manchester City are acutely aware of key caveats in Uefa’s 85-page financial fair-play handbook. Clubs will be permitted up to £38.5million in losses in the first monitoring period of 2011-12 and 2012-13.

However, even if they miss that target, they will also escape sanctions if they meet two requirements: the trend of losses is downward and, most significant of all, the overspend is caused by commitments on wages and transfer fees that were made before June 2010'

I go to about 10-15 games a season and don't think it has lost it's sole as it is the City of Manchester club and not a brand like UTD

what team do you support and how often do you go to be able to say City has lost it's sole

And what happens in a few years time? As much as you seem to disagree, football is a business. To sustain the wage bill, City need to become a brand; to market themselves across the world. That's how United have dominated since the early 90s.

With City's current income, they have no way at all to sustain the wage bill they currently have AND spend money on expensive players. Do you think they'd take a pay-cut to stay at Eastlands? We've seen with Chelsea that to keep pace with United and Arsenal you need to spend big every year.

Just because nothing's changed in terms of atmosphere/whatever you're referring to doesn't mean City haven't lost their soul. The last couple of years have seen a huge influx of foreign players into Eastlands. Teams like United & Liverpool attract players not solely because of how much money they're offering, but because of their history, tradition, and the size of the club on the world stage.

City were an average club not fighting for any trophies and hadn't been for 30+ years, which meant they had to offer players enormous amounts of money in order to sign them. Why else would the likes of Tevez, de Jong, Kompany et al. have signed for City? There's no soul or passion there, they're just workers picking up their paycheck every week. If Liverpool had offered those players the same amount of money as City, where do you think they'd be playing now?

For the record, I support my hometown club. I won't name them, but they're absolutely nothing to do with any of the big clubs and sit in the Blue Square Premier League.

Sponsored Links
Did you watch the reaction when Yaya scored the goal against Utd in semi final - did you see De Jongs reaction (or other players) when he scored at weekend - there is passion there - admittedly not all the players but they would have been mecenarys not matter where they went and saw City as 'easy' money (or their agents did) -

You says City were an average club, just like Cheslsea before their owner came along, like Blackburn where before they got money then it fell apart (just like it could at City) - what about Utd they have been throwing silly money at players in the past - Rooney, Rio, Veron (a flop), etc etc I could go on

The only one I agree with you on is Liverpool which in the 70s-80s were a team built on the club name not how much they could pay

Why don't you say who you support then

I have been a City fan for almost 40 years been to grounds in Divisions 1/2 such as Barnsley, Norwich, etc etc not someone jumping on the money bandwagon

Back