We're not easily frightened .....

No idea if Churchill said any of that.But the first thing they did in Germany was to build a dividing wall in it and divy it up with Russia..so no one took any notice of Churchill.
The common mkt/morphed into EU expt has failed...If the Euro is such good idea why did UK never adopt it? no doubt that will be brexiteers fault!..Not only failed,but headed for more federalism.....European armed forces etc.....rofl..what could possibly go wrong with mates like France Spain Italy Greece Romania etc!

Sponsored Links
The atomic bomb is still only in the hands of a nation which, we know, will never use it except in the cause of right and freedom, but it may well be
Seriously?Which Planet do you inhabit?

Sponsored Links
what could possibly go wrong with mates like France Spain Italy Greece Romania etc!
What could possibly go wrong with mates like America?

"We are disappointed that the US administration fails to give priority to the principle of self-determination in its position on sovereignty of the Falkland Islands,"
(current position)

"Britain pays off final instalment of US loan - after 61 years"

[QUOTE="durhamplumber, post: 4196616, member: 142827"what could possibly go wrong with mates like France Spain Italy Greece Romania etc![/QUOTE]

A siege mentality

was wriiten by Churchill in 1946. Not by me in 2018.
The atomic bomb issue has certainly changed since 1946!...Many more countries have it for a start..Churchill did not have a crystal ball to predict nuclear bomb capable countries in 2018

The atomic bomb issue has certainly changed since 1946!...Many more countries have it for a start..Churchill did not have a crystal ball to predict nuclear bomb capable countries in 2018

And that 1 line changes the whole meaning of that speech ?

It doesn't surprise me that you didn't know that. 1946 lesser known alledgedly Churchill speeches are not my forte...sorry!.And I also doubt would be classed as general knowledge either.

I think some of his speeches are common knowledge for a lot of people. Certainly the broad meaning of them if not the detail.

I would certainly expect somebody to do a little research to understand things before making broad assumptions, especially when a life changing referendum was held. But obviously not, not just you either.

And that 1 line changes the whole meaning of that speech ?
I am not going to debate word for word the whole speech.Europe and the world was a much different place in 1946..The atomic bomb issue is vastly different.Many other aspects are different...I was not alive in 1946 to tell you how each European country was in 1946? were you? when newspaper and radio was the main communication..Churchill could not possibly of known with certainty what 2018 Europe would be like and what Politics and economics would apply..he did not even predict the Berlin wall

think some of his speeches are common knowledge for a lot of people. Certainly the broad meaning of them if not the detail.
yes sure..."fight them on the beaches"...." so much owed by so many to so few"....etc.....sure he made hundreds of speeches....

I think some of his speeches are common knowledge for a lot of people. Certainly the broad meaning of them if not the detail.

I would certainly expect somebody to do a little research to understand things before making broad assumptions, especially when a life changing referendum was held. But obviously not, not just you either.
Sorry my brexit research did not involve Churchill lesser known speeches...why do his speeches in particular need to apply now and not other prime ministers??

Sponsored Links
Back