WHY ...Viessmann or the Remeha

yes 20 min job, what about going there to find what the fault is? then off to parts center, then back your talking in all over an hour. so take away your expenses your left with sweety money :rolleyes:

NOt if you keep them on the van lol :D

aboardepsilon Have you thought about buying a combi, using it coupled with an indirect for bath use /peak time etc but using the hw supply for kitchen hot water?

Well hearing about the reliability of all condensing boilers, i dismissed a combi ..on grounds that i have a tank in the attic with an immersion heater .

The reliability issues made me think in alternative ways .alternative thinking says have everything at gravity pressure...and less dedicated manufacturers components .like pressure vessels....valves,...programers and generally have everything as simple as i can get .

Also, a combie would be more pressure ..i have old rads ..and cant afford to change them as yet ...i have flushed them...very elaborate routine..getting my brother to take them off, then taking them outside ..taking all the plugs out .....power washing them with a jet wash ...everyway i could.....took a week..the steel inside them was pristene...no corrosion despite being made in 1971..big heavy double large water capacity jobbies...so says a lot about keeping the inhibitor in them . ..and changed them about from dual entry Yorkshire imperial valves to single entry TRV and extended the pipes...i bought all the valves ...after trying two out, that had these olive sleeves that converted 15 mm to 10mm ...i could not get them to seal ...the blinking things were hopeless..one knock and they were leaking ..had to put ptfe around the olives..i took the rest back and exchanged more money and got dedicated 10mm ones.

i will change the rads in 18 months time ...i like the ones i seen in the Manchester museum of science and technology ...not an item on display ..but what is actually used to heat the buildings..........sort of loads of vertical flat plates on edge....they looked very robust very well designed ..efficient....and beautiful looking at the same time...anyone know what they are .......are they expensive.

I'm not tight .I'm willing to pay that bit extra for quality ..

you guys have changed my mind from Bosch to viessmann...so you are having some influence ..

how come the which magazine ..didnt get viessman in the top ten ..are they a new thing in this country ?

All the best.markj

Sponsored Links
Give viessmann a wide berth queen, they dont employ there own service guys if things go wrong you get some dopey looking contractor, worcester have the best after sales in this industry. you will regret not buying a worceser if you get that white elephant!! :eek:

i can be in liverpool from whiston in 10-15 mins tops. I was born and bread in netherley.

What i am saying is that no matter where you are there is a supplier within say 5 miles for parts

Sponsored Links
Give viessmann a wide berth queen, they dont employ there own service guys if things go wrong you get some dopey looking contractor:eek:

Says who? MY mate Kevin is the lead engineer for them. I am so confident in Viessmann now that i am removing my 5 year old Baxi 100he and replacing it with a 200w.

The older models wern't the best but the new models are amazing.

Ive had nothing but trouble with Ideal. I fitted 50+ in 2008 and had nothing but problems with them. Boards, actuators, Pump impellars snapping, diverter cartridges. You name it. Complete nightmare. Dont even get me started on the isar/icos as an old BG engineer

looneyfitter";p="1721757 said:
Give viessmann a wide berth queen, they dont employ there own service guys if things go wrong you get some dopey looking contractor:eek:

Says who? MY mate Kevin is the lead engineer for them. I am so confident in Viessmann now that i am removing my 5 year old Baxi 100he and replacing it with a 200w.

Whats the point in that? is the baxi broken

Isar / icos are two of the easiest boilers to work on. 50plus in 2008 :eek:

didn't you know they where dog ****. I was fitting these for bg in 2001 m series bg withdrew them off the sales list.

but the logic is a different story.:cool:

I didnt say i was fitting the icos isar........ It was the mini.

May well be a badged Biasi or vise versa but ideal no the least and still crap.

The Baxi is running fine but isnt a scratch on the Viessmann. Infact i have recently replaced the Main heat ex, burner, gas valve, fan, board and sump.

Basically a brand new boiler now. I just dont like it anymore and want to fit the viessmann lol.

Viessmann most certainly do have their own servicemen - all over the country. They do use agents as well. They are excellent boilers, with the best primary heat exchangers you can buy.

As do every other boiler manufacturer :D cant see it being a problem tbh

Mark the viessmann combi will run perfectly well with no pressure what so ever.

I think the rads you are thinking of are hospital rads and yes they are expensive so start saving lol.

You can now buy steel look alike hospital rads which are cheaper,

As i said i am fairly local if you want me to look at your system for you,

Gareth

Mark the viessmann combi will run perfectly well with no pressure what so ever.

I think the rads you are thinking of are hospital rads and yes they are expensive so start saving lol.

You can now buy steel look alike hospital rads which are cheaper,

As i said i am fairly local if you want me to look at your system for you,

Gareth

i don't know what the time scale is to when I'm ready to have someone fit the boiler ..when the first plumbers let me down ..i started on another job

thats involving fitting out the whole house with new door casings ..doors and skirting's ....im not very fit ..this job will take me sometime, probably at least three months..........and will use up some of the money that should have gone on the boiler ....but will be re-saved by the end of the 3 months

the job was .........me to present four pipes rad flow and return, plus tank flow and return, plus expansion pipe into new boiler room under stairs/ pantry ..quite a big space that you stand up in .

me to put 3/4 ply onto adjacent wall from boiler, for the mounting of ..pump ..magnaclen......mpv and wiring plan box.

me ...to site programmer .thermostat...tank stat........bring wiring up to the plan box

plumber.........just to have to ...couple all these up ...mount boiler
...flue is going into lean too garage turning 90 degrees and out of triangle apex of garage..flue length 400mm then another 400mm

plumber to connect boiler to new mains ...now by the front door.......gas.pipe will need to go along the top of the apex of the garage on the inside 18 feet long (not the garage in the pics )

plastic 1 1/2 drain pipe will be running along length of pantry for the connection of condensate drain.

plumber wire boiler to the plan box

test ..certify ..

estimate 8 hours work over two days ....and plumber will get £300 total inc vat... AS i know you cant do the gas safe thing without the vat.

is that asking too much.

i understand that i must fit a proper cold water tank lid/cover ...is that right .

all the best.markj

Whoever told you that you can't register an appliance/be registered without being vat reg is talking out there ass!!!

To be honest mate, seems like a fair bit if work for 3 ton. I would definitely go for the combi. Even if you blank the hot water out port. At learn then you can do away with the ch f&e tank, external expantion vessel, pump and have instant hot water should you want to use it in the future. You will also find that in general a combi is cheaper than a heat only boiler/system boiler. Still not sure why tho!????

condensers ??In my view only ever fit a boiler with a stainless steel heat exchanger both Veissman & Remeha are stainless (?)

Service agents are not representing the boiler manufacturer during in-warranty repairs , so if any dispute occurred you would probably have no legal comeback on the manufacturer !

As for these 5 year plus warrantys ??? early days yet , but I am confident that if a spate of problems occur the manus will weasle there way out of there obligations ;)

I didnt say i was fitting the icos isar........ It was the mini.

May well be a badged Biasi or vise versa but ideal no the least and still crap.

The Baxi is running fine but isnt a scratch on the Viessmann. Infact i have recently replaced the Main heat ex, burner, gas valve, fan, board and sump.

Basically a brand new boiler now. I just dont like it anymore and want to fit the viessmann lol.

must be off your trolly!!!! :LOL: you diagnosed that fault well ay! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back