£1 outdoor sockets + switches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone noticed in the pound box at B&Q warehouses there are IP54 rated sockets and single gang switches?

They seem alright for the money, anyone else any experience of them?

Sponsored Links
Probably old stock. as you are no longer allowed to install garden electrics unless you use a Part P licensed electrician, or go through building nitice etc.

i beg to diifer.

part p does not apply in this case.

its also how come they sell boilers.

they can sell what they like, its up to you the purchaser what you do with it.
you may be buying for a part p registerd person mightent you?

I think its a job lot of tat they have, i have not seen the particular ones on the shelves before

Sponsored Links
What brand are they?

54 isn't the best for outdoor use.

A mate of mine "fixed" the broken wires to his plaster mixer with connection blocks from the Pound Shop. I couldn't believe he could be so dim.
Strikes me this is the same thing - you don't get what you don't pay for....

Picked up a few bits for a quick look at when I was having a mooch around B+Q, strikes me as very poor quality, the plastic is more flexable than some lunchboxes!, everything is pretty small as well, including the weatherproof 'don't even think about using to terminate SWA into' junction box :LOL:

Best avoided at all costs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back