Decent outdoor socket?

Given that (32*10)/230=~0.72, I would have thought that the max Zs for a C32 would be about 0.72Ω - but, for some reason I've yet to work out, the OSG gives the max Ze for a C32 as 0.58Ω. I'm a bit confused.

80% corrected value (as in the OSG) is 0.58ohms, 0.72ohms would be the uncorrected value.

Also it's 230/(32x10)

Sponsored Links
80% corrected value (as in the OSG) is 0.58ohms, 0.72ohms would be the uncorrected value.
Ah, yes, good point - well, almost 80% (a divisor of 1.24, rather than 1.25). Thanks.
Also it's 230/(32x10)
Whoops! From the fact that I got the right answer, it is evident that this is just a typo in my post, not in my calculation! Apologies.

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
However c curve breakers to protect a domestic ring main is not 'ok'.
Why? Max Zs is 0.75.

I will clarify. Type c breakers are perfectly acceptable in a well designed installation.

However from the evidence I have seen from *your pics I would advise you to get *your installation checked by an electrician.

*rjm2k

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back