£100 notes for a cordless combi drill...

its always worth looking for mullty tool deals as they happen more often than single tool deals:cool:

Sponsored Links
Thanks to all for your replies. I must admit I stopped looking back last week so have only just found some of them... :oops:

I went for this 18v AEG in the end after reading around and finding plenty of positive feedback on AEG gear. I know the 1.5ah battery won't last like the others but the fact it charges quickly and shouldn't deteriorate much made me think it'd be a better investment than ni cads... Time will tell...

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/power-to...m-ion-Combi-Drill-with-1-5ah-Battery-12408580

Anyway, very pleased with it. Can't comment on the innards but its solid, weighty without being heavy and has breezed through anything I've asked of it so far.

:D

you wont go far wrong with aeg gear, its made by the same people that give us milwaukee and ryobi
i went with that ryobi twin pack in the end, bit dissapointed the combi drill doesnt have a metal chuck but its a nice piece of kit for the money.

Sponsored Links
JCB Li-Ion drill from B&Q. 5 year guarantee. Two 1.5 Ah batteries, and £90 if you buy on a wednesday with grandad (over 60) else £100.

The charger is slow - but you do get two batteries.

The torque does drop off as the battery goes flat - I got one staircase (60 6mmx120 mm screws driven into wood) from one charge.

It'll struggle with hammer drilling into engineering bricks - but can do the odd hole if you have to/is suitable for use as your only drill for most DIY.

Be very careful core drilling with it - it has no overload protection/safety clutch and if the core drill grabs the gearbox in the drill will flex, the tow halves of the case will flex apart, and it will skip a few teeth on the gears as well as kicking back through the handle.

Did I mention it having a 5 year guarantee? ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back