£180 for spark plug change ?

They are stainless headers, they have muck backed on I think, nuts are mild steel though!.

Had to do a camchain on that as well at 60k, it had stretched (1/2 tooth out on crank markings which is a lot!).

Modern fuel is crap and goes off very quickly, worth running it every few weeks to mix it round, stop injectors sticking.

I bet theres plenty that just get the book stamped..

Sponsored Links
That was with cams timed up, dot should line up with the blue line on casing!.
20190710_153639.jpg

Yeh I put a tensioner on as well, only 60,000 miles.. Never seen on stretch like that before to be honest!.

Sponsored Links
Cheers Andy (y)
I’m finding the less work I do, the confidence tends to ebb as well - especially now that many folks buy their motors on a PCP scheme which requires dealer attention. Punters are also out to grab what they can.....
An example being a wheel bearing on an X5. Did the job just fine but the owner then accused me of dinging a £750 alloy wheel :eek:
Pretty cool considering I hadn’t actually driven the bloody thing!
John :)

Sensei Keith ;)

Nah, I just walk from one disaster straight into another normally and have to think my way out of it!.

Nearly chucked the towel in with the Kuga last year, closest I've been for a long time.

And that is why I drive a 1994 Nissan Serena, last spark plug set cost me £7, brand new still sealed from a well known online auction site.

Sponsored Links
Back