£220 ball valve

Sponsored Links
I met him this afternoon and he offered to post a letter for me :eek: now I'm left wondering how much that will cost :rolleyes:

according to a customer i saw recently one of the full page yellow page adds he phoned charge £87 per half hour minimum of 1 hour but they did explain that on phone so if it was a mob like that and explained it before hand not much they can do about it.

Sponsored Links
The reason I didn't do it is that I live in Essex and the job was in East London so taking into account traffic/fuel costs I wouldn't normally think it was worth it (or maybe it is?).
Locally I would normally charge around £70 - £80 including parts.

Did your friend ask for an explanation if charges when inviting the plumber to carry out he work?[/quote]

Don't know that mate. I havn't discussed it properly with them yet but I think they are still in shock.

I really dont like those little jobs because if the cistern is old it can be a problem to get them to seal properly and it can involve call backs to tighten up the nuts!

Probably charge about 84 pounds! Perhaps including the new parts!
Fair point Tony , and if I had your electronics knowlege I`d have done boilers too ;) . I recently spent all day repairing a WC and changing a bath/shower mixer for a friend :eek: The last thing was a pinhole in the supply pipe to the cistern :evil: .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back