£220 ball valve

L

longdogs

Someone I know got a plumber in a few days ago to change a bottom entry toilet valve - He charged her £220. Is that extortionate or do I seriously need to 'up' my prices?

Sponsored Links
Well, considering you can pick up a brand new bog for about £60, id say its f'kin expensive.

I bet he charged by the hour! ;)

PS why didn't you do it for them? Also, how much would you have charged?

Andy

Sponsored Links
I really dont like those little jobs because if the cistern is old it can be a problem to get them to seal properly and it can involve call backs to tighten up the nuts!

Probably charge about 84 pounds! Perhaps including the new parts!

What time of day? was this an "Emergency callout at 11pm on a Saturday night perhaps?? ;)

TFG wtf are you on about?? are you the OP?? i wanted to know what time the £220 plumber attended cos if it was out of hours then £220 aint bad! :rolleyes:

TFG has highjacked the thread and all the evidence!

Or he did the work and collected the 220 pounds !

TFG wtf are you on about?? are you the OP?? i wanted to know what time the £220 plumber attended cos if it was out of hours then £220 aint bad! :rolleyes:

Sorry master. A mere mis-understanding. Please accept 1000 apologies.

I think £220.00 is rather expensive, perhaps replacement parts were platinum?

The plumber attended during the day and was there for less than an hour. The reason I didn't do it is that I live in Essex and the job was in East London so taking into account traffic/fuel costs I wouldn't normally think it was worth it (or maybe it is?).
Locally I would normally charge around £70 - £80 including parts.

The reason I didn't do it is that I live in Essex and the job was in East London so taking into account traffic/fuel costs I wouldn't normally think it was worth it (or maybe it is?).
Locally I would normally charge around £70 - £80 including parts.[/quote]

Did your friend ask for an explanation if charges when inviting the plumber to carry out he work?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back