£400 boiler scrappage + How to get it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently bought a house and taken out the old boiler/radiators(already thrown out). I've had a quote £3500 for new A rated boiler/rads etc. Is it possible for me to receive the £400 government scrappage?. Do i simply fill out the online application form saying i have a G rated 'working' boiler which is an eligible make and model <70% efficient etc (even though i havent) - Who's to say otherwise?

Sponsored Links
Nobody is going to say you haven't got a G rated boiler. However, there are spot checks being made pre and post installation. So I guess you can take a risk if you want to.

You will be on very sticky ground as one of the conditions of the scrappage scheme is that you have a working Band G boiler.

Sponsored Links
If they did come round pre installation to do a spot check, all i would say is i've ripped old heating boiler out which is the truth(may have been g rated anyway). Worst scenario is they (EST) decline voucher i suppose. If spot check post installation then no problem as job will be done...I've already received a quote for the job- Do i need to inform the gas safe installer of my intentions regarding the scrappage scenario, or just go ahead and fill out the online application form and cross my fingers?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back