£500 Tool To Make Your Own Copper Pipe Tees!

Sponsored Links
Looks like 'a solution in search of a problem' to me. . . . .. but then again, by my calculations you only have to use it about 800 times and it will start paying for itself and after that you'll be quids in.

Video not working. But I remember seeing one at the plumbing exhibition at Birmingham NEC (?) in about 1979.

Useful for teeing into in-situ pies, but at £450+ , you would need to use t more than once :)

Sponsored Links
Not only does it work like a DIY tool that you would find on a JML TV station, it leaves all the debris in the pipe.

Nothing wrong with a slip coupling and Tee joint weather it be soldered, compression or plastic joint.

Andy

1. The debris is drill swarf, not the copper disc the self cutting taps leave. Can be removed with a vacuum cleaner.
2. Anyone who solders (sodders?) the joint is asking for trouble. Must be silver soldered / brazed. There is not enough metal on the upturned lip to provide sufficient soft soldering surface.
3. I use the REMS equivalent for making up the valve pipework replacing a 3 port for 2 two ports.
4. Is it worth it - NO

Seen them used a lot in France, but I think the copper is a lot thicker walled then our poo.

Had a new one I got from Germany sold it on ebay.......nowhere near that price :cry:

Its a great tool and soon pays for itself on large bore copper tubing. Brazing is the best joining method with oxy/acetylene.
Pipe expanders are needed also. Have done hundreds of T extracts.
Its never no big deal removing the drill swarf.
A full set is probably close to £1k plus the pipe expanders after that.
The link doesn't explain what you are receiving.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back