£7k a month benefits?!?

With both parents in Jail and 7 kids taken into care, the cost to the state will be a hell of a lot more than 7 grand a month.

Sponsored Links
JP said:
Having both parents in nick, is something even soc services understand.
Because the system looks after that.[/quote
It's the same bloody system.

JP said:
but they do know how many kids people have as soon as they're on benefits. Even if it's 3 different mothers and 4 different fathers.
So they get the info and can also go and check all? Clearly not in the case that has been posted.

Yes it IS the case that they know who is on benefits, and they pay benefits according to how many kids, so it IS THE CASE.
They COULD act on it but they don't . That's just the point They don't stop benefits either, but they should..
I make a proposal and you say "ah but they didn't....." ??????

Change the system!

Sponsored Links
None of this can't afford childcare nonsense, none of this living off the state and backs of others, none of this free rent and free lifestyle
You mean back in the period of Labour govts when housing wasn’t stupidly expensive and 1 parent could earn enough to provide for a family.

None of this can't afford childcare nonsense
most Families need 2 working parents now.

and childcare is massively expensive, £1400 a month

You mean back in the period of Labour govts when housing wasn’t stupidly expensive and 1 parent could earn enough to provide for a family.
Why IS that? When my parents were young, that was the case. Both governments.

I reckon property prices are a large part of it. Tax landlords so it's barely worth having places rented out, then the house prices drop.
?

You mean back in the period of Labour govts when housing wasn’t stupidly expensive and 1 parent could earn enough to provide for a family
That is a fair point Notch.
Why do you think wages in real terms have fallen so low.

We still seem to be on theme that they were pocketing £7k per month.

What evidence, other than your MSM of choice, do we have that they were pocketing £7k per month???

We still seem to be on theme that they were pocketing £7k per month.

What evidence, other than your MSM of choice, do we have that they were pocketing £7k per month???
I hope the major newspapers wouldn't make up numbers.
That's why I asked for a breakdown if anyone sees one.
The benefit cap for single parents is under £2k/month.
Then there are discretionary payments. - pass.

Like 1840

More research suggested, such as researching your own family history. It was normal to have large families in the UK right through to the 1930's, but numbers were declining. Part of the reason being higher child mortlity rates, poor health and lack of affordable health care. There was no proper health care until 1947, in the UK.

That is a fair point Notch.
Why do you think wages in real terms have fallen so low.

It's not so much that wages have fallen, as people expectations have increased massively. TV's, phones, cars, CH, H&C running, unlimited food, nicely decorated homes, all the luxury we take for granted.

I always remember a male pensioner who was crippled and lived nearby - he couldn't afford heating, couldn't afford to switch electric lights on, he made do with one of those little paraffin lamps for light. His weekly treat was 2oz of cheese and it had to be no more than 2oz.

Said on the radio yesterday that it costs the state 15 grand ( per migrant) to deal with any asylum application

Sponsored Links
Back