£7k a month benefits?!?

Let me see if I understand you correctly, you claim that your 51% data set relates only to successful asylum seekers?
Please provide your source of reference. I am not aware of any data that has been released that refers only to successful asylum seekers employment.

Some chose to see it that way which I actually found to be interesting, I expanded further next time I was on here. It's an instance of a narrow minded view and lack of thought about alternative views.

Sorry ;) but I might say the same about you. I have highlighted a negative about people arriving but there are other factors such as kids produced will benefit from our education system. Some older arrivals will too. The way people are paid which can include hand outs is how our system works. Living on the dole isn't exactly comfortable especially now. Actually for most it never has been. The humanitarian aspects can't be ignored either. There is a none obvious balance to the whole area. Those that can get jobs will.

Oh ;) I should have said people given leave to stay for various reasons.

From the OBR
UC and legacy spending was £80.4 billion in 2020-21, up from £64.3 billion in 2019-20. This increase was largely a result of a sharp increase in the UC caseload at the onset of the pandemic, together with the various policy measures in place at the height of the pandemic that temporarily increased the generosity of UC and tax credits. Spending on UC alone was £38.2 billion in 2020-21, up from £18.2 billion in 2019-20. UC spending is forecast to reach £77.8 billion in 2026-27.

The interesting aspect. It can be seen as subsidising employers. Up taxation to pay for it. Or maybe borrow.
And despite your bluster about irrelevant issues, there's still no sign of your source of your information.
I can only assume it was a figure you plucked out of the air.

Sponsored Links
UC costs? A comparable number on total gov spend is £1t so the the UC costs have to be put into perspective. It may not be 1t but a number of that sort of order.

Sponsored Links
From the OBR
.... Spending on UC alone was £38.2 billion in 2020-21, up from £18.2 billion in 2019-20. UC spending is forecast to reach £77.8 billion in 2026-27.

UC costs? A comparable number on total gov spend is £1t so the the UC costs have to be put into perspective. It may not be 1t but a number of that sort of order.
You appear to be struggling with perspectives. 20-21 spend on Universal credit was only a 3% of your £1t assumption.

• 5.6 million people on Universal Credit at 13 January 2022, down 65,000 from October 2021
  • 4.8 million households on Universal Credit in November 2021
  • 4.1 million households received a payment in November 2021, down 120,000 from August 2021
  • a fall in the average (mean) payment to households in payment to £780 in November 2021 from £810 in September 2021

You appear to be struggling with perspectives. 20-21 spend on Universal credit was only a 3% of your £1t assumption.
Gee you seem to have worked out what I was pointing out which is pretty clear anyway really. How else would you put it into perspective.

• 5.6 million people on Universal Credit at 13 January 2022, down 65,000 from October 2021
  • 4.8 million households on Universal Credit in November 2021
  • 4.1 million households received a payment in November 2021, down 120,000 from August 2021
  • a fall in the average (mean) payment to households in payment to £780 in November 2021 from £810 in September 2021
Very interesting.
How is it relevant to your wild assumptions on UC spend?

;) There is more actually. UC replaces others some of which seem to still being paid. The total is higher

UCandWTC.png

;) There is more actually. UC replaces others some of which seem to still being paid. The total is higher

View attachment 285333
Great, so your perspective thinks that £80,000,000,000 is close to £1,000,000,000,000 ?
(Hint it's only 8%)
I think it may take many more years before UC costs reach anywhere near £1t.
From the OBR
. UC spending is forecast to reach £77.8 billion in 2026-27.

A comparable number on total gov spend is £1t so the the UC costs have to be put into perspective. It may not be 1t but a number of that sort of order.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back