0800 numbers

oh yes, but the dog is churchill, unless you mean dog and bone

Sponsored Links
The first one is RAC & the 2nd is MoreThan. You've been on the dog asking for quotes, haven't you? ;)

I had an 0800 number when I was S/E. It only cost me 6p/min. No set up or running charges.

Excellent! Mind you the most frequent caller was a skint family member....

securespark, spot on, thanks for clearing that up, it was a general enquiry on the net, a few of these compare sites, thank god only 1 or two ins firms have thought of this at the mo. (unless you know different). what would it be like, if every firm phoned like that!!!

You've been on the dog asking for quotes, haven't you? ;)

No! I haven't been asking for quotes and if that call was from more than then I think I'll join them, sounded like a great party going on there.

Any 0800/0870 numbers that ring just stick them in Google and it will pull up most of the dodgy ones.

Sponsored Links
If you get hacked off with them calling - sign up for the free Telephone Preference Service - After a few weeks anybody who cold calls you breaks the rules and risks a fine.

There is also the Mail prefrence Service, this takes you off any mailing lists. Both run by the same department. I used them and they certainly work.

As well as Google a good place to search for them is http://www.saynoto0870.com/

It's also a great for finding alternative numbers, so if you get free calls to landline numbers, or inclusive minutes on your mobile, you can find out where many 0800 and 0870 numbers go to.

My company uses 0800 numbers I control them. (We have about 60)
They are free to the caller.
The idea of them is to monitor how good or bad advertising is.
Ie if I place an add & have 0800 12346 I receive a report on the number of calls received.
No calls received = BAD ADD
Calls Rec = good add.

There is no scam

Actually most people understand that 0800 means a ‘free call’ but most consumers do not understand the difference between the various special numbers and premium rate services or what they cost. Unlike premium rate numbers there is no obligation to state the cost of calling 0800 numbers, 0870 and 0845 numbers.
I was going to say that 8 months is a bit long for a tea break but I see that this is your first post. Welcome to the club.

Sponsored Links
Back