1” Connectors Leaking

How do I apply the loctite 55? How much do I use?

All the other joints have plastic ridgid washers. Can I be 100% confident that they will seal without using loctite 55 on them too?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
if you tighten them correctly, the Loctite or PTFE is not required on these type of fittings and can actually cause leaks

Are they plastic or are they fibre washers? They would normally be the latter. Greenish/Brown or red flat washers? No PTFE tape needed on the threads at all, that can actually stop you tightening the fitting enough to make it watertight.

Use an appropriately sized adjustable for leverage, a pair of footprints/grips/vice grips etc to hold the rest steady and the right amount of torque will ensure they are watertight.

I use gas tape so cannot comment on the thread tape but I am sure there are instructions?

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. They are white washers ad that’s the bit that concerned me as they are not the fibre washers.

Also, once they are tight they are SO easy to loosen. Just the slightest knock elsewhere loosens the fitting. I’m so disappointed with these fittings.

you'd probably be around the 1.25" size so yes you can get them but all you really need is a reasonably tight fit in the female end that covers the mating face of the male end

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back