1” Connectors Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve got 1” straight connectors to connect my 22mm flow and return from the boiler to my UFH. I’ve tried several times fitting them to the manifold inlet but they keep dripping. I’ve used PFE tape... am I doing something wrong? Photos attached.

Any help and advice would be great please.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 3211B9F1-49D3-470E-9D5F-2C42F1E59B20.jpeg
    3211B9F1-49D3-470E-9D5F-2C42F1E59B20.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 37C65261-62FF-4EDE-B3A9-956121AD2CB6.jpeg
    37C65261-62FF-4EDE-B3A9-956121AD2CB6.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 133
Sponsored Links
How much PTFE have you used? You'll need about 20-25 turns on each fitting

I prefer Loctite 55 but in the absence of that, PTFE will do

Sponsored Links
Wind the tape to form a taper..ie. with more tape towards the back of the thread. Then when you tighten ensure the threads don't bottom out through lack of tape.

Blimey what a nightmare all those joints are on the manifold. I get one to stop weeping and then another one starts. Surely they are badly designed?! Any suggestions for the best way to do it if I strip it all down and start again? I really don’t want it leaking everywhere.

Last edited:
Are you sure the connectors mentioned are the main cause of the leaks ?, there is a lot of water droplets in the photo.

grips on brass :cry:

As mentioned by Gasguru #5 wind on plenty of ptfe in a taper. Personally for peace of mind using well known fitting brands with the male fitting roughed up with a hacksaw blade before applying ptfe tape,has never failed me. Thread roughing & hemp. in this vid at 1:15

you only use PTFE on the two joints you have circled the others should have washers and no PTFE

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back