1.0mm to 1.5mm and back again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it ok to take a 1.0mm lighting twin and earth into a wago box then up to 1.5mm and back down to 1.0mm again? I’m having to extend a cable where a new joist is in the way.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What is the main circuit wired in and how big is the breaker?

Sponsored Links
Sorry, don’t get the joke. Sorry it’s a B6 breaker which means 6 amp doesn’t it?
It does, and that's exactly what one would expect of a lighting circuit. It was your mention of a 32A one (which would be way OTT for a lighting circuit) which made some people (well, at least one**) think you were trying to wind us up!

** but I think we have 'got our own back' on him, for asking about the 'size' of your breaker :)

Kind Regards, John

Yikes.... sorry. Yeah 32 amp would be a bit big for a lighting circuit hey!

So it’s ok to go 1mm to 1.5mm back to 1mm into the 6 amp breaker?

Last edited:
Also... I’ve found some really thick cable that’s not my electric shower but I don’t know whether it’s 6mm or 10mm. When they don’t print it on the side of the cable is there a way to work it out?

I’m guessing it could be the induction job which is on a 40 amp breaker.

As I doubt it’s any of these...
Velux - 16amp
Microwave - 16amp
Boiler - 16amp
Immersion - 16amp

These 16amp would probably all be 2.5mm twin and earth right?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back