1.0mm to 1.5mm and back again

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be quite 'interesting' for observers, particularly newbies to the forum, and pot luck as to who they encounter first, since both extremes of 'assumptions' seem to exist here ....

.... when someone posts something which isn't clear, leaves uncertainties or which may contains 'probable typos' or misunderstandings, there is at least one person here (not you!) who will commony 'assume the worst' about the situation or the person who wrote it (and sometimes subsequently be proved wrong in their assumptions), whilst others (I like to think like myself) who will initially 'give the benefit of the doubt' (and therefore "assume the best"), at least until things are clarified!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
6mm or 10mm. When they don’t print it on the side of the cable is there a way to work it out?

Do you have a disconnected end to inspect? The earth wire is solid on 6mm² T&E, stranded on 10mm².

Or you mean a cable that just passes by that you're not sure on? Measure the cable sheath width, about 13.5mm for 6mm² and about 17mm for 10mm² T&E.

Do you have a disconnected end to inspect? The earth wire is solid on 6mm² T&E, stranded on 10mm².

Or you mean a cable that just passes by that you're not sure on? Measure the cable sheath width, about 13.5mm for 6mm² and about 17mm for 10mm² T&E.

Awesome tips, thanks. Yes it’s just a cable that passes through and I’m trying to work out what it is and where it goes.

Sponsored Links
.... when someone posts something which isn't clear, leaves uncertainties or which may contains 'probable typos' or misunderstandings, there is at least one person here (not you!) who will commony 'assume the worst' about the situation or the person who wrote it
Not him?

What is the main circuit wired in and how big is the breaker?
Main circuit is a 1.5mm wired into a 32 amp breaker.

you may wish to correct the spelling mistake in the last sentence of your signature.

typo (typographical error) or spelling mistake? Hard to say. Whichever way, it's not English.

Everyone seems to be having a go because, uncharacteristically, I have quickly accused a poster of being a wind-up merchant.

Others (even those who are pulling me up for it) do this often, but don't seem to get flack for it.

I'm not bothered, I've got big shoulders, but I'm just saying.

Everyone seems to be having a go because, uncharacteristically, I have quickly accused a poster of being a wind-up merchant. Others (even those who are pulling me up for it) do this often, but don't seem to get flack for it.
I'm not too sure whether that is directed, even partially, at me but, as I've said, I never accuse someone of being a 'wind up merchant' unless the evidence for that is overwhelming. As I wrote earlier, if/when that is a possibility, I nearly always initially give them 'the benefit of the doubt' (as proved to be the correct course in this thread), at least until the situation (and their intent!) has been clarified.

I would also add that I made the point that you are not a person who commonly does this (and the person who does commonly do it inevitably responded :) ).

Cheers, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back