1 gang flush paintable blank faceplate ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm on the hunt for a 1 gang flush paintable blank faceplate but having no luck - I can't believe it doesn't exist...

Has anyone ever seem / bought one?

Sponsored Links
Yes you can get them. Click here, for an example.

Many thanks - although having checked the website they are extortionate for what they are! Are there not any cheaper ones available?

I may just have to buy some "normal" blank plates and paint them!

You can paint normal switches. The best way is to remove the faceplate from the rocker and switching mechanism, take off the sheen from the surface with a fine abrasive (wet & dry paper used wet) and then spray it with a durable paint. Let it dry thoroughly before reassembling and don't paint the rocker, or use water based paint as it will soon wear off and look shabby.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the tip re sanding the front - the faceplate(s) are actually to house a thimble temperature sensor that will be located either on ceilings or high up on a wall. We want to make them as discreet as possible hence the hunt for a blank faceplate we can blend in to the surrounding wall/ceiling surface...

Looks like I'll just find the "most flush" version at toolstation/screwfix and sand/paint them!

Or a round conduit box. Or if it can go on the ceiling, nothing at all - just a hole in the plasterboard.

It's a shame that the design means that you have to fix it to a plate which you then fix to the wall.

Plan B is to arrange for the plate(s) to be below the surface, and skim over the lot. Hoping that you never need to remove the sensor....

...if it can go on the ceiling, nothing at all - just a hole in the plasterboard.

It's a shame that the design means that you have to fix it to a plate which you then fix to the wall.

I agree, orginally I had planned to do this but they need to go where access is impossible from above and as we're extending the cable I'd like to have the join accessible .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back