1 Radiator stopped working (Temset TRV)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am trying to remove my Temset TRV head (very old looking).
I recently turned the radiator off and turned it back on and doesn't work anymore.

I'm thinking is may be stuck but can't work out how to remove the head to check.

Any help would be really handy as it's getting super cold!

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20181212_094806.jpg
    IMG_20181212_094806.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 505
Sponsored Links
The locking ring (with the round indentation) has to be pulled up vertically. Like in the photo below but pulled up as far as it will go.
temset 2.jpg

That's really helpful!

I've managed to get it off but am having real difficulty getting the pin to budge at all with pliars.
Do you have any tips for very stuck pins?

Thanks

Edit: Also, is this actually a pin type? It's so stiff I'm wondering if it is even a pin?

Dont use any gripping tools on the pin :cry:

set your heating to On,get the system running.
Turn off trv's (if possible) all working radiators. Get a hammer and repeatedly gently tap on the valve spindle,like a slow wood pecker.

The valve spindle should pop out,you will feel the heat traveling through the valve body.

remember thats an ancient trv and it may refuse to open or even pish out water,maybe consider exchanging the trv :idea:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies and your help. It is back to its usual working order!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back