1 Series BMW Horn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2014 Series 1 (F20) BMW, 116D, 5 Door Sport...

Hi, our horn has packed up, looking at the wiring diagram the fuse location is not obvious.... Has anyone got any diagnosis tips before I have to pop the front bumper off and go hunting with a multimeter?

Sponsored Links
I'd start with the wiring connections, including the earth, on and close to the horn. They are more exposed to water, dirt and salt spray than most bits of a car.

Have you found fuse 16, 15amp, behind the glovebox?
John :)

Nope, if you mean the one under the bonnet, that starts at Fuse 18... Is there another box on the inside of the cab that is eluding me? The fuse diagram just shows a picture of the vehicle on the ramps which is no use to me at all.

I'd start with the wiring connections, including the earth, on and close to the horn. They are more exposed to water, dirt and salt spray than most bits of a car.

Thanks - I thought there was 2 horns on this model (High & Low tone)... But I could be wrong. Not had the front end off yet thankfully... Was trying to avoid it if possible, fitted a towbar a while back and spent ages prying bits of plastic off only to realise BMW had some grand idea of hiding a screw behind the wheel arch trim.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Pretty sure the fusebox is behind the glovebox but I recall getting into the thing from underneath, limbo dancing in the footwell.....
It wasnt a horn problem but a washer pump fault - that one wasnt marked :(

Pretty sure the fusebox is behind the glovebox but I recall getting into the thing from underneath, limbo dancing in the footwell.....
It wasnt a horn problem but a washer pump fault - that one wasnt marked :(
Thanks John - I will give it a go tomorrow after work... This thing is driving me mad... Why are the horn components so bleedin hard to get to? I had to clean the washer pot out last year - Another god awful job. Ours is due for a service so want to get this fixed before going into BMW to save on the cost so greatly appreciated and will have a look tomorrow.

Back