1 week plastering/skimming courses

im sure nazes work is good the trouble is the city&guilds qualification has been watered down so much its not worth anything even the cscs scheme do not recognize it they only recognize nvq2 or higher or old apprenticeships i think, the city and guilds used to be a good qualification but now you can get a city and guilds qualification in a couple of weeks like the 6000 series, which is just the stepping stone towards an nvq qualification, but this should not be held against anybody everybody has to start some where

C&G are the better qualification and are full time. NVQs are crap.

http://www.pi-academy.com/NVQ.aspx[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]you want to read up on the city and guilds 6000 series then if you think that, the old city and guilds is long gone , but it makes no odds to me as i have both

Sponsored Links
im sure nazes work is good the trouble is the city&guilds qualification has been watered down so much its not worth anything even the cscs scheme do not recognize it they only recognize nvq2 or higher or old apprenticeships i think, the city and guilds used to be a good qualification but now you can get a city and guilds qualification in a couple of weeks like the 6000 series, which is just the stepping stone towards an nvq qualification, but this should not be held against anybody everybody has to start some where

http://www.pi-academy.com/NVQ.aspx[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]you want to read up on the city and guilds 6000 series then if you think that, the old city and guilds is long gone , but it makes no odds to me as i have both
i have just copied and pasted a section of your link about the nvq here it is
"WHAT THE NVQ GIVES YOU
The National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) gives you a work based qualification that provides EVIDENCE that PROVES you have the skills and knowledge to perform as an effective investigator."
this is what gets you a cscs card as they wouldn't give me one on my city&guilds3 because you haven't actually been assessed onsite
so i had to get the nvq2 so to me the nvq2 is worth lots more than the c&g3 as the cscs card scheme do not recognize it

i have just copied and pasted a section of your link about the nvq here it is
"WHAT THE NVQ GIVES YOU
The National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) gives you a work based qualification that provides EVIDENCE that PROVES you have the skills and knowledge to perform as an effective investigator."
this is what gets you a cscs card as they wouldn't give me one on my city&guilds3 because you haven't actually been assessed onsite
so i had to get the nvq2 so to me the nvq2 is worth lots more than the c&g3 as the cscs card scheme do not recognize it

Thats you wrong evaluation of the qualification system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back