10amp flat 3 pin Italian plug with 13amp UK plug

Ita_plug_16A_10A.jpg
I looks to have sleeves on the pins to me? Also the adaptors
1_3.jpg
do seem to include the earth pin, I would agree that some universal adaptors may not connect the earth pin, but that applies what ever conversion it to and from, the dedicated Italian to UK seems to do the job A1.

Interesting, I've not seen sleeves on Italian plugs before, it must be a recent thing. Tho one on the left is the larger version and won't fit in the adapter you show.

The clamp on adapter you show I've not seen before with an earth connection, they normally have plastic earth pins and won't take Italian plugs. A quick google doesn't find it either, nor is it readily available in supermarkets or DIY sheds.

At the end of the day it is still better to cut off the Italian plug and fit a UK one.
It is easy to find, just remove the end bit off the web site address for the picture But here is the link to make it easy it did not take me long to find, I thought the centre pin was slightly off set a bit like the Brazilian 10 ampere socket but seems I was mistaken. Like the UK Italian electric power had two completely different systems for lights and power, however ours had gone before WW2 but the Italian one hung on a lot later, as a result as with UK there were a host of fittings to allow one to get cheap electric. I can remember the BA22d adaptor which had 2 or 5 amp two pin sockets in it and also the BA22d plug my granmother used one for ironing, I remember it well.

It is very easy to forget how things move on, last time I was in Algiers it had three phase 110 volt, bet it is not still that way today? Last time I was there it was 1982. There are some really bad converter sockets I have a couple with no fuse, and it will take nearly every plug you can think of, I used them in extension leads to plug in some items I have with USA type plugs. But just because some are very poor does not mean they all are poor.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back