2 pin socket to 3 pin adapator is this safe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ya
I have got a new nintendo ds lite,but it has come with a 2 pin power suply and i live in the uk and are plugs are 3 pin,i was wondering is it ok to buy a adpator like they sell in tesco's that i can plug my 2 prong into which will then plug into the the 3 prong wall socket{a electric shaver adaptor like the one in this link}

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Shaver-Ad...ryZ96942QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

the details on the plug that came with my ds lite{2 pin} are

usg-002{eur}
pri:230v - 50hz sec:5.2- 450mA

any help would be great
many thanks in advance
chris

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
the shaver adaptor will work but it probablly won't hold it very well and loose connections are not a good thing.

the preffered soloution would be to get a UK power adaptor for the DS.

Many thanks guys for ya help...

cutting the plug off hmmmm

as for the other comments

first off will a shaver type adpaptor defo be ok not the i dont trust Taylortwocities but anyone else know if this ok just for a second appionion{no offence Taylortwocities}

and same again is buying a uk 3 pin mains charger ok again a second apoinion would be greatly appreaciated as i can get these off ebay for about a fiver,but want it be a different power voltage with a uk one ?? really dont wanna blow it up ...

thanks again all for ya comments and thanks again for ya help in advance

a british nintendo DS power adaptor will be fine and is the best option.

using something like a shaver adaptor will work but I advise avoiding such adaptors as a permanent soloution as they are often not a very tight fit (and loose fitting connections tend to lead to problems later).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back