10mm pipe to 8mm hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've moved into a rural property where there's no mainline gas and the cooker runs off a cannister. However the previous owner removed the fittings and left a bare unterminated 10mm pipe connected to the cooker (runs to exterior).

I bought a butane cannister and need a regulator, however, the hoses that connect to the regulators are 8mm.

So I guess I'll need a reducer of some sort, but most are barbed on both ends and I would have thought unsuitable for the pipe end? Could anyone point me in the right direction of part required?

Sponsored Links
Someone that's qualified to work with LPG, that's what you need. Do you know if the cooker has jets for Butane or for Propane? If it's a 10mm hose chances are it's the latter but you really want someone that's qualified, never play with gas, especially LPG, as it can actually be more dangerous that NG due to it's higher density.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back