11.5v Electronic Transformer VS 12v

I disagree that that is a fair meaning in the context of traditional UK domestic light circuit wiring practices.

Sponsored Links
So what is "loop out" in the context of traditional U.K. domestic light circuit wiring practices?

Whatever initial confusion somebody might have by the term "loop in," I think as soon as he sees "suitable for 2 x 1.5 T&E cables" in combination with the picture showing only three terminals marked for L, N & E, the meaning is clear.

The somewhat unclear labeling on the unit regarding the maximum current from each pair of output terminals is another matter though, and that could certainly use some attention. Something like "70W max. per output, 20W min. total load" in place of the "LV lamp 20-70W/6.0A max." would do it.

OK - let's try again.

I think it's the amount of cable and 35kHz which is causing EMC problems.
What EMC problems has the OP reported?

None, but ericmark is reporting them.
upload_2015-11-16_20-39-59.png

upload_2015-11-16_20-42-0.png

The manufacturer seems to have gone to great lengths to warn about the EMC problems. From their documentation it would seem they are well aware of the problems using 35 kHz. That is why I raised the idea that the problem could well be due to cable length or routing.

Dear All

Just to jump in mid conversation; I swapped the Screwfix unit out for a single output 12v jobby and full brightness has returned.

Bye for now.

Sponsored Links
Whatever initial confusion somebody might have by the term "loop in," I think as soon as he sees "suitable for 2 x 1.5 T&E cables" in combination with the picture showing only three terminals marked for L, N & E, the meaning is clear.
You have a faith in people's understanding so touching that it can only be described as naive, and which is shown on an almost daily basis here to be misplaced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back